Are we at the correct hotel for Carnival Splendor Cruise?

geospyder

We are cruising on the Carnival Splendor and have booked the Park and Sail package at the Crowne Plaza for the night before. The package includes transportation to and from the World Cruise Terminal. I just saw that there are two cruise terminals in the area. Am I booked at the correct hotel for getting to Carnival? Still have 204 days to make corrections if necessary :) I've also sent an email to the hotel asking the same question.

We are cruising on the Carnival Splendor and have booked the Park and Sail package at the Crowne Plaza for the night before. The package includes transportation to and from the World Cruise Terminal. I just saw that there are two cruise terminals in the area. Am I booked at the correct hotel for getting to Carnival? Still have 204 days to make corrections if necessary :) I've also sent an email to the hotel asking the same question.

Since Carnival sails out of Long Beach, I would suggest a hotel near the Long Beach convention center. There are several.

You can still stay in San Pedro if you like the hotel. But you should check with the hotel and see if they will shuttle you over to the Port of Long Beach. If not, and you stay with the hotel, make sure to tell any bus driver or shuttle driver that you need to go to Long Beach and not the World Cruise Center. They are plenty close to each other, but if you're paying for transportation, you don't want to pay extra because of a mistake.

Hello,

I would not panic, because in a worst case situation you can take Super Shuttle from the Crown Plaza to the Carnival's port in Long Beach, and return after your cruise.

There are also taxis that will do this for a reasonable amount but Super Shuttle is your best bet.

Contact Super Shuttle and see how much they want for a round trip.

Fred

Panic! Panic! We might be in the wrong place :eek: :D Maybe we should do Motel 6 and park at the terminal :p

On the serious side - we are waiting to hear from the Crowne before we make any changes. We have over six months and there are lots of places to stay. We are driving down from Northern Nevada and our daughter and her family are driving over from North Texas. In both cases we are more concerned about the safety of our vehicles during the cruise more so than the anything else. I bet Long Beach has changed a lot since I was home ported there in the early sixties (see first 'cruise' listed on my sig). I remember the Pike and the old wooden roller coaster. I even have a permanent memory of one 'interesting' night at the Pike - a tattoo on my left shoulder :o

We're going on Splendor in April, and we are booked at the Hyatt Long Beach. There is also the Coast Hotel next door.

Both are in view of the pier and the Queen Mary. But be advised, the Coast is undergoing renovation, and in April there is a big convention so rooms are selling out.

Pat

In both cases we are more concerned about the safety of our vehicles during the cruise more so than the anything else. I bet Long Beach has changed a lot since I was home ported there in the early sixties (see first 'cruise' listed on my sig). I remember the Pike and the old wooden roller coaster. I even have a permanent memory of one 'interesting' night at the Pike - a tattoo on my left shoulder :o

The Pike area has been redeveloped with the Convention Center, an outdoor mall, and Aquarium of the Pacific. The facade of the parking structure hints at a roller coaster. I'm sure 95% of the people have no idea what used to be there.

Downtown has been gentrified with a lot of upscale stores and restaurants. However there are other areas of the city that are not safe.

Parking at any of the nicer hotels in Long Beach or San Pedro should be OK. There's also a parking structure right at the Carnival dock. They charge about $14/day. It's also pretty secure, similar to any airport.

Just a couple of years ago we went to Long Beach to visit the Aquarium, and LB has certainly changed since the 70s (probably the last time I was there for at least a few hours). We walked along the waterfront at dusk between the Aquarium and Shoreline Village, and felt very safe, even with our 9 year old with us.

I just wouldn't panic about staying at any of the "CC member approved" hotels in either SP or LB.

We're staying at the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro also, and sailing out of LB in 2 weeks on the Pride. I liked this hotel better than the available hotels in LB (The Coast is closed right now for renovations) and they cater to the cruiser. I like to be catered to :D. The reviews are good and I earn FF miles for staying here. What's not to like.

If there are any problems I'll post here, but I don't aticipate any.

-Brenda

There is a really good British Pub restaurant just a short walk from the Crowne Plaza. A group of us ate there when we sailed on Princess. I am sorry I can't remember the name of it but the concierge at the hotel can tell you. The food and service were great and it was very reasonable.

Hi Dosi, I am going to be heading out on my first cruise in a couple of days. I was looking through some of the older posts on this board. reading through some of your comments you seem pretty straight forward and I have some questions about your NCL experiences. I can't figure our how to send a PM on this board so I added you as friend so hopefully if you accept the PM or email option will show up. Thanks

There is a really good British Pub restaurant just a short walk from the Crowne Plaza. A group of us ate there when we sailed on Princess. I am sorry I can't remember the name of it but the concierge at the hotel can tell you. The food and service were great and it was very reasonable.

I think you may be referring to The Whale and Ale.:)

you can email me at dosidreamgirl(at)hotmail(dot)com and i will be happy to discuss my prior ncl experiences. i am by no means an expert, but i am honest and not too difficult to please. loved the ncl star!!!

Archived