Mercury Royal Suite

Lainey Elizabeth

We had a RS on Mercury last New Years. You will love it. It's very spacious and having two rooms will give the three of you a little privacy at night. We really enjoyed having the whole wall of windows in the living room.

Here's a link to some pictures from that cruise - there are some that were taken in the living room during some cocktail parties.

http://community.webshots.com/album/105812666XzFLdu

In a word--FABULOUS! You will enjoy having two rooms--one large living room and one large bedroom. We had a cruise critic party for about 25 people in the living room. My partner is a night person and I am a morning person. While he was sleeping, I was able to amble about the living room. This is a fabulous suite.

Lainey Elizabeth...

The RS on the Mercury is a great suite.

You can access the balcony from both the Living Room...and the Bedroom.

Bring along a few CD's....as there is a CD player in the RS.

We had four people (2 children/2 adults)....it is very spacious.

Have fun!

This will be our first Royal Suite and we can't wait. Do they have the "pillow menu"? I always sleep with a body pillow and usually just bring the large cases and stuff with regular pillows.

I am glad to hear there is a CD player in the room - especially since we will be on board at Christmas so we can have a little holiday music along with our decorations.

Yes to body pillow. There is a pillow menu with about five choices for any Celebrity suite. Ask your cabin attentant or your butler as soon as you board. Or you can check out the Celebrity web site which give you the choice of pillows but I don't remember under which heading. Also, as soon as we board, we ask either the cabin attendant or the butler to remove all items from the frig so that we can put our items in. Further, a good idea might be to bring your own plastic/thermal mugs. At least four people told me that the coffee/tea mugs on Celebrity were too small in the cafeteria to get more than one swig. We bought some from a national park some years ago which we bring aboard the ship. They are much larger than the coffee cups provided in the cafeteria.

a good idea might be to bring your own plastic/thermal mugs. At least four people told me that the coffee/tea mugs on Celebrity were too small in the cafeteria to get more than one swig.

Yes, this is a good idea. Especially for Alaska.

We purchased some "Alaska"..(themed) mugs from a gift store in one of the Alaska ports. It was a very popular theme...we saw it everywhere and I think it was even in the ship's stores.

In Alaska...especially when the ship was at the glacier....they were selling hot cocoa throughout the ship. Well, we declined...and moments later, we found our Butler at our door...with the afternoon tea cart...and yes, he had hot cocoa for us! All of the afternoon tea, etc...is included in your suite price.

I had a Royal Suite on Mercury for a Hawaii cruise a couple of years back. It was great! I took lots of photos and have them on my site if you want to see some detail - Some pictures on both these pages :

http://www.recordlady.com/Pages/CRUISES/MercuryHawaii/Oahu-Mercury.htm

http://www.recordlady.com/Pages/CRUISES/MercuryHawaii/MercuryAtSea.htm

Its a real treat! Enjoy your trip.

Tina

One warning. Unless they have fixed it, the shower leaks badly into the bathroom. The bottom of the shower door doesn't seal so the water can pour out. Suggestions have been to move the shower head. Our solution was to get an extra towel and stuff in the gap at the bottom of the shower.

Other than that, it was perfect.

Archived