Who else sailed 12/18 Ecstasy-Galveston and has a tale to tell !

charleecrat

about the massage .We didn't make appt for this until Friday evening.We knew we weren't getting off ship so made appt at 1 on Saturday while boat was docked.We wen't and had a wonderful massage but as soon as we walked into our roonm they called nad said we had won a couples massage in a drawing .They wouldn't credit us for the one we just had nor would they let us give it to someone else.Wouldn't you think it was odd that they call you to tell you won after you already paid for one?

about the massage .We didn't make appt for this until Friday evening.We knew we weren't getting off ship so made appt at 1 on Saturday while boat was docked.We wen't and had a wonderful massage but as soon as we walked into our roonm they called nad said we had won a couples massage in a drawing .They wouldn't credit us for the one we just had nor would they let us give it to someone else.Wouldn't you think it was odd that they call you to tell you won after you already paid for one?

It looks like if I am going to complain about what happend on this cruise I will have to stand in another long line LOL. I was suprized to find I am not the only one who has had these same problems.

I do not want something for nothing ,I would just like to have the opportunity to get what we paid for or the ability to reschedule to take the trip we paid for when the weather permits. Seems this is why Carnival made us stand in that line and only paid people refunds if they approached the desk and demanded it. The crowd was so thick where we were at I dont think I could have made it to the desk if I had tried. It was way too packed. You live and learn! Happy New Year Everyone !!!!! :-)

http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?submit22=Search+All+The+Latest+Rip-Off+Reports+Now%21&q1=ALL&q2=&q3=&q4=&q5=Carnival+Cruise+Lines&q6=&q7=&searchtype=0

• 3 years later...
I was so looking forward to this, our first cruise that I splurged and bought the Penthouse Suite and after having paid over 2K for this I would at the very least expect Carnival to act like they know how to handle a delay. I walked into a fiasco at the terminal after having called Carnival 20 times asking what we should do. I thought the reason I paid for VIP was to avoid lines and hassles . Had I known in advance the long lines, heat, hassles and pushing and shoving were free of charge I would have saved my money for a double Johnny Walker as soon as I boarded :D. It was a nightmare that scared the socks off my 12 year old son and reminded me of the New Orleans Superdome chapter 2 :mad:. The nice lady that checked us in told me to write a letter about this mess. I found that puzzling as I had just arrived but later on I saw exactly what she was talking about. I kept to the back of what I guess was suppose to be the VIP area of the terminal, there were a set of doors that sounded an alarm and I checked them to see if they opened and they did. That was to be our escape hatch should the crowd finally reach their boiling point and crack. At times I think that was about to happen. We did not suffer as long as some of the passengers who told me they had been there for 12 hours, some longer than that. Upon arrival all the porters were gone and we had no idea where the baggage check-in was so we toted all luggage, another nightmare. I dont fault Carnival at all for the fog. What I do fault them for is :

1. Not finding out till after I reach my lovely room @ midnight that I was not going to need my scuba equipment I lugged all the way up the gangway, nor anything else for that matter. Progresso is not what I would consider a vacation destination and very unappealing to the eye. I did my homework and avoided that destination for this very reason.

2. Not being advised that had I wanted a refund I could do so and re-schedule for the destination I paid for.

3. Not being told officially that full refunds were available and jacked around everytime I called the purser's office. Later I heard the people that left and there were many were told they had to stay in Galveston till morning to get the money as the person who wrote the refund checks had gone home for the day. Hummmm that sounds kinda fishy.

And lastly, A little note about what the options are in this case would have been appropriate in this matter so people would have not been wondering around aimlessly confused as to what would happen next.

I opted to stay on the ship as I already knew what Progresso had to offer and didnt need to spend additional funds to find that out. I have a video of some kind of concrete pit and watched carefully as the workers loaded tractor trailers and scooted off into the distance. Honestly I am clueless as to why this was ever a destination as you can access the Ruins from Cancun in just about the same time plus enjoy all the other options the area has to offer. My guess is the port fee Carnival pays is less than Cozumel and that savings coupled with the fuel savings help make up for the refunds Carnival may have paid.

The ship is truly something to behold. I would have never known it is not a new ship. They seem to take very good care of it. Not impressed with the food at the buffets and the dinner was okay but as Murphy's law would apply we had a new waiter who forgot we were there and the dinner took 2 hours to complete. After that we just ordered room service which was very nice for the most part. I like 92 octane coffee and ask if they could perk it strong and they did. Was buzzing for hours which I like.

After my son recovered from the boarding ordeal he finally warmed up to the kids club and enjoyed a day of that before the rough seas set in. He loved the rocking and rolling. I was suprized none of us got sick. I was still going somewhere while sitting on my sofa 6 hours after we got home LOL. That was interesting.

Now had I paid for a bargain cruise it would sting a lot less. 3 G's for what I got just dosent set well with me and I am having trouble finding the VP's snail mail address or any other corporate address for that matter. Got a feeling they dont want me to know it. I filled out a customer service report. The purser's office never returned my calls.

They have a trip quarantee that says they will refund the remainder of your purchase price and pay for your airfare to fly you home. Had I asked for that just after boarding what would I have gotten? I was afraid they would give me a 3 man raft and a bus ticket from downtown Tijuana. :-)

The other passengers were great. I met a lot of fun loving people. I was jealous of the more frugal passengers whom im my opinion made a better choice than I did since the delay took most of the wind out of this vacation sail.

All I ask for is to get what we paid for or the option to try again when the weather is more agreeable. My dream to swim with dolphins has come and gone and unless I hit the lotto, I cant see it happening anytime in the near future. I could have taken 3 trips for what I paid for this one. There are no words to express my dissapointment.

Charlee

My experience with Carnival pales in comparison to what occured on the Costa Concordia, but I do recall some of these very same emotions I heard from these people while waiting to board our cruise to Progresso instead of Cozumel due to fog. And now in hindsight all I wish Carnival had done was find an overhead microphone and announce that refunds were available had we wished to make that option. They DID NOT and ofcourse they wouldnt, this would have cost them most if not all of the passengersand ofcourse the money they would have made in the process afterall this is their only goal. It comes first period. I could see that. Stevie Wonder could see that LOL

People who arrived early wound up waiting till 12 midnight . We were lucky enough to have stayed at the Galvez the night before to keep from being late and they allwoed us to wait in our room LOL and didnt get to the terminal until 6 pm where chaos was rampant and people were getting really unruly. I hate it too that this is my memory of the one and only cruise. Never again will I give a company 3 thousand plus dollars and get treated like this. But hey, we lived, we made it back in one piece. I guess im darn lucky to be here. Btw, the same ship we took hit something like a rock near Cozumel I heard a year or so later and those people got a small taste of what happens when emergencys occur with this cruise line.

I feel so bad for all of those victims and their family and friends. No vacation is worth this kind of risk to me so yall go for it. I will keep my money for some other venture.

I think the port substitution was because cozumel would have taken longer for the ship to reach and as you said, it didnt leave until after midnight. We were watching her on the Galveston cam and wondering when you would get off.

I guess you got the $50 OBC same as the 1A least expensive cabins?? I agree I think Carnival isnt doing the best job lately at offering options, they obviously are afraid you WILL cancel. lol. Write, but dont expect a lot. Carnival's new moto is "we dont care". Service just isnt there.

I cant remember there was 3 of us and I thik the credit was 120 so 40 bucks not near enough to make me happy oh well LOL

It was nice of you to come back and reply to the comments, even if it is over 3 years later.:)

Bill

thanks Bill I do think of yall from time to time and hubby really wants to give it another try. I am not so sure I want to go to the effort but hubbys says we have enough points from our Ambit lite bill to just about pay for another cruise.....

• 1 month later...
thanks Bill I do think of yall from time to time and hubby really wants to give it another try. I am not so sure I want to go to the effort but hubbys says we have enough points from our Ambit lite bill to just about pay for another cruise.....

What was the outcome of your problem? Did Carnival get with you or offer you some of resolution?

Archived