Camp Carnival, Toddler, Hours....Supper Club

MaryGladys

Yippee! This is my son's third cruise and he is now officially old enough to go into Camp Carnival! Anyhow, we are interested in going to the Supper Club on our cruise but I don't want to take my son with us....sure, he is a good boy, but for a loooong dinner, I don't know. So, I was hoping we could throw him into Camp Carnival while we ate and then picked him up.

I know the ship has babysitting but it is for after 10 PM and frankly, we would prefer to eat at 6.

So my question is, can we keep him in Camp Carnival while we go to this Supper Club? What are Camp Carnival's hours? And if this would not work, anyone have other suggestions?

We are really looking forward to this trip, but it would be delightful to have just one dinner without our little man.

Thanks so much!

He is 2? If so, then just make your dinner reservations after 7pm. Camp Carnival also has kid dinners. So if you trust that he will eat with the camp carnival staff and have no issues being away from you for meals, then send him to the camp dinner and you can have earlier reservations.

The schedules/hours are always at the link in my signature. Click on this link, then Camp Carnival, then click on List all to see all of the pages

http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages

Ohhhh, thank you so very much! Sweet! So when we get on board the ship, we will get a schedule for Camp Carnival for the entire cruise? That is what it looks like in the scanned images you shared.....

That will help us figure out what would be the best night for us to leave my 2 1/2 year old as some of the activities may not be too enjoyable for him.

So basically, once we get on ship, do I get one of those Camp Carnival schedules or do we need to stop by Camp Carnival and register my son? I take it we can register him the minute we board the ship? then we can make reservations for the Supper Club :-).

Totally relieved! Cruisin' Mama, you have answered a few other posts for me and I thank you very much!

Did your toddlers dig Camp Carnival?

If I can help......

Ohhhh, thank you so very much! Sweet! So when we get on board the ship, we will get a schedule for Camp Carnival for the entire cruise? That is what it looks like in the scanned images you shared.....

That will help us figure out what would be the best night for us to leave my 2 1/2 year old as some of the activities may not be too enjoyable for him.

So basically, once we get on ship, do I get one of those Camp Carnival schedules or do we need to stop by Camp Carnival and register my son? I take it we can register him the minute we board the ship? then we can make reservations for the Supper Club :-). Camp Carnival has an orientation meeting around 7PM the first night. You can meet the staff as well as fill out all required paperwork. You get the schedules then.

Totally relieved! Cruisin' Mama, you have answered a few other posts for me and I thank you very much!

Did your toddlers dig Camp Carnival?

Our toddlers (one who is 10 now! and the other who is still 3) have LOVED Camp Carnival!

We took advantage of the camp dinners once or twice and it worked out perfectly. We made dinner reservations at 6:15 - and were able to pick her up around 9:30. It made for a lovely night out.

Hope it helps!

Catrin

We used camp carnival when our DD was 2 and 3. She didnt like being away from us though and they called us to pick her up after 15min. We tried a few times later in the week but she never took to it even after 3 separate cruises. Just make sure you try it out before your reservations just in case. Most kids do well there but you just never know at that age. Our DD goes to daycare everyday too. Next cruise we took grandparents with us to help out. They will have registration the first day usually at 7:30pm and again the next morning if you miss the first one. They will give you a cell phone so they can contact you. They also have a really fun family welcome aboard party the first night where you can participate in dances and games with your child along with the camp counselors to help get them aquainted with you still there. The club hours are usually 9am-3am, closed for lunch 12-2 and dinner 4-5. So really basically its open most of the cruise. They dont do naps so you have to get your child for that.

Enjoy, the supper club is well worth it!

Julie

Thank you so much Julie and Catrin! You guys totally answered my questions!

Yeah, I plan to take him there prior to leaving him for a nice dinner. Good to know, Julie, that your daughter didn't like it even though she is in daycare.

Kids are funny that way.

We are very excited! Leave in 12 days! And you know, cruising with kids makes it more enjoyable....seeing it through their eyes, that is.

Archived