Nassau Diving?

jdbmga

It looks like the only way we would be able to dive in Nassau is to dive with the ship (Carnival Glory) when we go in July. We will be diving in Cozumel (been and loved it) and Belize (first time). Since we would have to dive with the ship (did it in GC on Mariner and didn't like it) and I've heard the diving isn't great in Nassau should we skip diving there or am I misinformed about the diving there?

Thanks for your help. :)

It looks like the only way we would be able to dive in Nassau is to dive with the ship (Carnival Glory) when we go in July. We will be diving in Cozumel (been and loved it) and Belize (first time). Since we would have to dive with the ship (did it in GC on Mariner and didn't like it) and I've heard the diving isn't great in Nassau should we skip diving there or am I misinformed about the diving there?

Thanks for your help. :)

Really depends.... There isn't that much to do in Nassau (straw market, shopping (which I found better prices on the other islands we visited), the pirate museum, a fort and gardens and the Atlantis hotel). If none of these interest you and you don't want to make it a ship day then might be a good day to get wet. :p Bahamas diving is in clear, non-current waters so get to the outside and back of the other divers and look at it as a relaxing time underwater.

Randall

Carnival uses Stuart Cove's which is one of the best dive operations you will find anywhere in this hemisphere. The reefs aren't spectacular, but there's still plenty to see. We frequently take short cruises to Nassau just to dive with Stuart Cove's.

If you have ever wanted to see sharks this is the time to do so. The shark feeding dive is worth every penny. Even if you don't do that dive, you may still get the opportunity to dive with sharks. If the consensus on your boat is pro shark they will try to dive one of several sites where the sharks hang out between feedings.

As Randall says, there isn't that much to do in Nassau, so why miss out on a good day under water. The bonus is that SC's shop is on the far side of the island and their bus takes you on a 20 minute ride through town and across the island. Enjoy!

Yeah, there really isn't much to do that interests us (family of 4) in Nassau. I just didn't know if it was worth the $400+ it will cost us to dive in Nassau to do a dive with the ship.

Hi,

Understand. It's nice diving, but not spectacular. I think you have to decide if 4 hours of your time, a chance to log another destination, and getting wet again is worth it. Hitting the buffet line and hanging at the pool can be enjoyable as well. :)

Randall

Carnival uses Stuart Cove's which is one of the best dive operations you will find anywhere in this hemisphere. The reefs aren't spectacular, but there's still plenty to see. We frequently take short cruises to Nassau just to dive with Stuart Cove's.

If you have ever wanted to see sharks this is the time to do so. The shark feeding dive is worth every penny. Even if you don't do that dive, you may still get the opportunity to dive with sharks. If the consensus on your boat is pro shark they will try to dive one of several sites where the sharks hang out between feedings.

As Randall says, there isn't that much to do in Nassau, so why miss out on a good day under water. The bonus is that SC's shop is on the far side of the island and their bus takes you on a 20 minute ride through town and across the island. Enjoy!

I agree that Stuart Cove's Shark Dive should be on every diver's "Bucket List". I did the Shark Awareness Specialty Course and dives on our November cruise.I watched the videos and took the test at home,did the dives in Nassau, and met with the Instructor who actually did the feeding after the dives.PADI awards a Shark Diver C- Card for this for those of us who like to collect C-cards.I have dived with sharks many times but I have never had 40 large Caribbean Reef Sharks bumping and playing with me before.The Wall was a pretty dive just swimming with the sharks too.I like diving in the Bahama's.Stuart and Michelle run a very good operation.

Archived