Legend Christmas Cruise

atlantacarrie

Just off the Legend and half way home. Thought I would pop in and leave a few thoughts about our Christmas Cruise with the Legend.

Overall - we had a great time and found the staff both friendly and helpful. The ship was clean and well run. We ate dinner in the Truffles dining room, early seating. I felt my meal was excellent every night. I traveled with steak eaters and they were not impressed with the steak. Our service was a bit slow on most nights, though it turned out not to be too bad.

We have a 9 year old who attend a variety of events at Camp Carnival. She really enjoyed her time there. They kept the kids busy with a wide variety of activities. A special note for Camp Carnival - if you have shore excursions planned that do not include the kids, they will keep them entertained on board for you!! I wish I had known that ahead of time.

Our trip was quite rocky after the first night. The deeper in the gulf we went, the windier is was, therefore, the rockier it was. We did not have much trouble as DD wore Seabands when necessary.

Cayman and Cozumel was what I expected and we really enjoyed ourselves. The Dolphin swim in Cozumel was AWESOME!! I recommend it to anyone. They were also very accomodating as we got to the park early. They moved us up to an earlier group.

Belize was not very interesting - I recommend planning an excursion on that stop as there is nothing in walking distance to enjoy - just shopping.

Roatan was awesome - we did a horseback tour and saw enough to entice us to return for a full week!

Overall, the Legend was a great ship, and the entire vacation was a great time.

Disembarkment was so smooth that we were on the road within 10 minutes of leaving the ship.

Glad you had a good time on the cruise.. We will be on the Mar 1st on our second cruise. This time we will be taking the kids as well. I do have some questions though. How was the water temp in ports? I realize that there are about 2 months in between our cruises but I've never been to the carib and don't know what to expect, I just know that the water in Mexico in March was really cold. Also, did they really do away with the Buffet? I am really looking forward to it. Can't wait to hear from you.

Lori

Thanks for the quick update!

We are planning to go on the Legend for Christmas 2009!

Other than the decorations, what other "Christmasy" things were there to make it feel special?

Did they have a special meal on Christmas eve and Christmas day?

Also, we are not sure if we should book now or wait? We have never cruised during Christmas and are not sure if the prices will go down or up?

There is quite a difference between the cost of a balcony the week before the Christmas cruise.....almost $600 per person!!:(

Smiles, Connie

Interestingly, the Legend is still sitting in Tampa as of now - over 2-1/2 hours after its normal departure time of 4pm!

Not sure why it is late leaving, but I would think if it had been a medical issue that they would have simply removed the affected passenger/crew member and then left.

Were there any mechanical issues that you heard mentioned over the Christmas cruise that might have to have been addressed in port?

Archived