Booking and currency

oilbert

Good Day : My DW and I are considering a Cruise to NZ and Australia in 2010 or 2011 . We live in Canada and depending on which cruise line we use have had our previous bookings in either US or Canadian currency. If we book through P & O Australia which currency do they use ? American , Ausssi or New Zealand ? Our dollar at the moment is horribly low to the US:(, but the Aussie Dollar is low compared to ours so you can guess which one we would prefer . How about other cruise lines, such HAL ?

Thank You .

If you book your cruise through P&O/Princess Australia you will be paying in Australian dollars.

But keep in mind, we pay a lot more for our cruises here than in the US.

Even with our appalling exchange rate compared to the US dollar, it is sometimes still cheaper to take the hit at the exchange and pay in US dollars.

I do not know about other cruise lines though.

Good Day : My DW and I are considering a Cruise to NZ and Australia in 2010 or 2011 . We live in Canada and depending on which cruise line we use have had our previous bookings in either US or Canadian currency. If we book through P & O Australia which currency do they use ? American , Ausssi or New Zealand ? Our dollar at the moment is horribly low to the US:(, but the Aussie Dollar is low compared to ours so you can guess which one we would prefer . How about other cruise lines, such HAL ?

Thank You .

before CVC went belly-up I was comparing prices on HAL NZ cruises in the New Year for my parents v booking them through an Oz agent. would have worked out cheaper booking with CVC and having the docs flown to Oz from New Jersey.

as victravellers have said check online prices, just leave it a bit closer to time. I've read conflicting reports that our dollar could go under .50 by mid-year, others saying it will hover round where it is now, about .68. hope it doesn't go any lower as we're only six weeks from leaving for our RCCL cruise in Asia

P&O charge silly prices for re-badged Carnival Corp cast off ships (sad, but true) so I'd definitely be looking at HAL or possibly Princess (Diamond Princess is doing its Oz-NZ season at the moment. Sadly Celebrity is heading back across the Pacific after Millenium's current season and don't look like they'll be returning

absolute bargains on both Millenium and Volendam at the moment out of Syndey and Auckland

If you book your cruise through P&O/Princess Australia you will be paying in Australian dollars.

But keep in mind, we pay a lot more for our cruises here than in the US.

Even with our appalling exchange rate compared to the US dollar, it is sometimes still cheaper to take the hit at the exchange and pay in US dollars.

I do not know about other cruise lines though.

I agree wholeheartedly agree with the above post. We do not buy any of our cruises in Australia as they are so loaded and there are no specials.

If you buy them in the U.S. then if they come down in price, as they are at the moment, you can make up for our shocking exchange rate with the decrease in the cost of the cruise plus you start off with good discounts in the beginning.

Jennie

Our last Aus cruise was on the Sapphire Princess and the next one this April is on RCCL - Rhapsody of the Seas both in US dollars.

We booked our RCCL cruise last summer when the $C and $US was a par but we made the mistake of only putting down the deposit! The balance is due in February so we are keeping our eye on the exchange rates.

But on the positive side RCCL has dropped their prices since last summer and we were given the option of upgrading from an oceanview to a balcony cabin.

Archived