e-doc's 11 pages???

Nautical Smiles

This is my first time on Norwegian, do I print out all 11 pages of the e-doc's.

Or just the cruise ticket!! Do I print out a cruise ticket for each passenger in my cabin??

I am so confused!!!!:confused:

You do not need to print more than one copy of the docs... one will suffice. Be sure to print your tickets, as well as the luggage tag page so you can make luggage tags.

Only need the front page. And you do not need anything to check in. But, most cruise terminals require something to get past the rent a cop. I think you could wave a library card and get in - just joking.

Make sure you do the online registration.

All those extra pages are not needed. They could save alot of paper by changing the rules to

" NCL and "yourname" agree that a cruise has been booked. NCL reservers the right to change anything and do anything without any compensation to the passenger once the passenger pays"

Thank You

There will be one page that will say something like present at check in...I always recommend taking the pages with your personal info on it and anything you think you need. Other people will say don't take anything but then again its not their cruise or their $$$$.

LOL....ugen512...28 pages for RCCL!!!! That makes the 11 pages from Norwegian sound better!!

Thanks garycarla.....I went ahead and printed the 11 pages!!! and you are right, the rest is alot of wasted paper!! but, I have it if needed.

Now, I need to start packing!!:)

We never take anything other than the online advance registration. And sometimes less.

We showed up in Barcelona with zero papers, no luggage tags. Nothing. We walked up to the counter, showed our passport and boarded in 10 minutes.

Just to be a pain on two other cruises, I showed up at counter with nothing. They just keyed in my name and all was well. ( I did have the online registation just in case)

As said though, the rent a cops want something to let you in the building.

This is my first time on Norwegian, do I print out all 11 pages of the e-doc's.

Or just the cruise ticket!! Do I print out a cruise ticket for each passenger in my cabin??

I am so confused!!!!:confused:

There is no need to print any of it! That is just a waste of paper and ink. All you need to print out to take along and show when you board the ship is the cruise ticket page you get when you complete the on-line registration.

We foolishly printed out all those pages the first time we received e-docs, took them along on our cruise, never looked at them on the ship, and ended up throwing them in the trash. We never made that mistake again.

Now we just save the e-docs file on our computer. Then, before leaving for the cruise we e-mail it to ourselves so that we can access it from wherever we go if we should ever need it. We have never needed it yet.

As for the luggage tags, they are readily available at the pier. The porters who take your bags have them. It takes less than a minute to print name and cabin number, attach the tags and off we go. Much easier than needing to remember to pack them and bring them from home.

About the cruise ticket itself, if it shows the names of all the members of your party and you are all boarding together, you only need to print one copy (but I like to print an extra copy of that page anyway just in case I misplace it or spill something on it). If members of your party may be boarding separately, it would be a good idea to print extra copies so that each person can have one.

Enjoy your cruise!

I do have to say that the one time that I just brought the cruise ticket, I got the "hairy eyeball" from the woman at the ticket counter. Next thing I knew, she was printing out all of the T's & C's and handing me a date stamped copy.

Granted, my boarding was only delayed by 5 minutes or so, but I bring everything with me just in case. :rolleyes:

I suggest that you save the whole file to your computer, read it all so that you are familiar with the "contract" part and print out page 2, the Guest Ticket copy, to take with you. One copy of this ticket for every person / group of people who will be checking in together.

All of this assumes that you have done the online registration.

Also, I would take a copy of the e-mailed Confirmation document, because that shows any On-Board-Credit and any cabin upgrades that you were promissed. Also if you ordered any gifts or a bar set-up, I would print and bring a copy of any email confirmations that you got (because you made arrangements with people on shore -- but to be delivered on board).

And....if you got the Military discount, bring a copy of your active duty / reserve ID card or DD-214 (U.S.) to prove that discount is correct.

That's only 2 to 6 pages of paper -- should not be a burden and can save time and hassles.

alaska cruise in '06, ncl star: the lady at the xray machine for luggage check-in started to give us problems, i didn't have the ticket handy for her. no one, else, even gave a hoot if i had it or not.

west caribe cruise in '07, ncl spirit: the port's security guard had everyone looking for their tickets. he would NOT them pass without it..

(might have been his 1st day:eek:), we had ours and got through easily. no one from ncl ever asked for it or cared if we had it.

i print the ticket page, nothing else..keep my link for the luggage tags, if i don't get the ones in the mail. the ONLY reason i print the tickets is to humor the security guards.

i do print the preregistrations, just in case the info in not on the computer, i hate playing 20 questions to get the info right.

Archived