first time visitor

arms4

There is NO one "best" excursion. IMO the very best thing to do in Cozumel is scuba dive, but that definitely wouldn't make it the best for everyone. My all time WORST excursion is the captive dolphin exploiation program, and I'm sure most people on CC will totally disagree with me on that as well.

Really, we can't give any qualified recommendation without knowning more about you and your group.

Hello, we just returned from our first visit to Cozumel and we had a great time with our personal taxi tour,,,we got to see the ENTIRE island safely and at a low price! We took around 400+ pictures of everything. Let me know if you want some more info and I can hook you up with it...Brown

Hello, we just returned from our first visit to Cozumel and we had a great time with our personal taxi tour,,,we got to see the ENTIRE island safely and at a low price! We took around 400+ pictures of everything. Let me know if you want some more info and I can hook you up with it...Brown

I'm interested in any information. Who did you book the island tour through. There will be 9 of us, so we would need a van.

• 5 months later...
What would you say is the very best excursion in Cozumel???????

Have 3 first time cruisers going with me that need to have an excellent impression placed upon them so they will cruise with me again?:D

There are LOTS of great things in Cozumel ! Its one of my most favorite places on earth. The water color is unlike anything you'll ever see, However:

Tour Cozumel is a scam! I booked a private snorkel excursion thru them in January for a cruise in March. I had a printed confirmation. I arrived at the dive shop at the appointed time, and the dive crew had no idea who we were or why we were there. They said this had happened before with this company. They tried to call them, but of course got no answer. They emailed them for me, and when I got home, I emailed them. "Carrie" assured me that it was all a misunderstanding and that I was of course entitled to a full refund. Its been 6 months, and no refund. Just 6 months full of excuses and lies. These people are crooks

We went to Cozumel with 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 6 and 7, and had a blast! We spent the entire day at Chankanaab Park. In the morning the kids played on the playground, waded in the kid's lagoon (completely sheltered and safe), snorkeled (lots of fish and easy for kids) and swam in the pool. We ate at the swim up pool bar (the kids LOVED this) and capped off the day with the dolphin swim. At the rental shop, the dive instructor was taking groups out to snorkel and rather than a set price, you just tip him at the end. He was AWESOME. He brought a bouy for this kids to hold onto (plus they had life vests - a must) and showed them how to interact with the fish. We took a taxi to and from the pier. It was easy - there are taxis on both sides lined up to take you. Chankanaab also has lots of beach for sunbathing, hiking trails, several restaurants/bars, and hammocks/chairs, etc. for relaxing.

I cannot recommend this highly enough - there is something for everyone there and it is so worth the price of admission. We went there when we cruised to Calica in 2006 and cannot wait to go back and do the things we did not have time to do.

You can snorkel, scuba, snuba or you can see the animals, or you can visit mayan ruins, or you can go to a working mayan village, or you can relax at the beach and be served pretty drinks with umbrellas, or you can see manatee, and the list goes on and on. Just google Xcaret and check out the park.

The only negative was that when we were there, few employees spoke English, I have a little Spanish and my 18 year old son is fluent, so we did just fine.

Archived