Beginners questions about NCL

Demonyte

Hi all,

I'm going on my first "american style"* cruise from Barcelona on Norwegian Jade in January. (*When ppl here in Finland talk about cruises, they usually talk about 1-2nt RT from Helsinki to Stockholm or Tallinn, nothing included in the price and usually involving a lot of boozing.)

Now I've browsed through these forums for about two weeks but the amount of messages and the annoyances with the sites search engine force me to ask for help as I need to book already another cruise for March for my mothers 60th birthday. :)

For background information, there are also local TA's representing NCL but since USD is still quite weak compared to euro, I prefer booking/paying the cruise in USD - hence I'm "forced" to use US-based online TA. The best approach would be purchasing directly from NCL but since the EUR-prices are the same that I'd get from local TA's, that is not an option.

The first cruise is booked through one of online TA's that advertise also on this site and seem to offer better USD-prices that NCL does directly on their website, especially with suites. Otherwise I'm quite happy about them but as my spoken English is a bit rusty, I'd like to use email as much as I can but they seem to be quite slow answering any emails and prefer service by phone via their virtual call center.

So, as I haven't yet received any info from anywhere else, I've got few simple questions if somebody could help with these:

1. What is the final payment date for special priced NCL cruise departing in the middle of March? Is it "30 days prior" I found somewhere on NCL's site?

2. Can NCL Cruise Rewards be used as partial credit for final payment if the cruise is already booked? (I found some threads about this but no solid answers. If this is possible, we're going to purchase at least two certificates from our earlier cruise in Jan to be used on the cruise on March)

3. What is the best way to (or actually how do you usually) book two cabins at once and are there generally any possibilities for getting any additional discount of f.ex. booking two suites (AE or higher) at once?

Thanks to this site, even by being a lurker, I've found a ton of information that I probably could not have found anywhere else. Keep up the good work. :D

Final Payments:

It varies depending upon the length of your cruise. See the link below:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cm...ermsConditions

Cruise Rewards are only good on new bookings.

NCL use to have family suite discount, but they no longer have this. So there is no discount in booking 2 suites or cabins.

Thank you both for quick answers. As it seems that the final payment is 60 days prior, we couldn't even get the cruise rewards in time as there is two months minus one day in between the departure dates on those two cruises.

Archived