Help carrying tube for 7 & 9 year old???

lovetheislands

I apologize if this has been asked but I've searched and can't find the answer. I am traveling with my mom on the 2/15 Legend sailing and want to take my daughters (7 & 9) cave tubing in Belize.

Both girls are excellent swimmers and will, of course, wear life vests and helmets for the excursion itself.

My concern is the 40 minute walk in carrying the tube. They can handle (and will enjoy) the walk through the jungle with no problem (they loved a similar hike in St. Lucia) but I am worried about them carrying large tubes...if my DH was going, he and I could carry 2 each but I can't carry 3 and I'm worried mom can't handle more than her own...

I've read that cave tubing dot com carries the tubes for ladies and kids (I can carry my own but worried about kids) - do they still do this - does Major Tom? These are the two companies I'm leaning toward but welcome any suggestions. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!

I know this is sort of off-topic but I know you all are familiar with these Belize tours. This is only my second cruise and this time I am organizing everything for a group of 7 family/friends. (1st cruise was only DH and myself)

I would like to do a cave tubing excursion not through NCL. (was looking at Island Mktg.) However, I am very nervous about missing the ship. My DH reassures me by telling me that these people do this for a living and wouldn't be so popular if they were known for making people miss the ship. What experiences have you had? Were you worried about that? Did you get back in plenty of time? Thanks!!!!!

Your husband is correct. We have 20+ cruises under our belt now and have been booking our own trips starting with cruise #2. We have never missed a sail off yet. Most tours have you back at the ship 1 - 2 hours prior to sailing. The locals know that you have time limits and will adjust the tour to ensure you are back in time. You will get the best advise on which companies to choose by reading these boards. All the best in your future cruises.

Bill

Bill, thanks for the reassurance. I think we'll book with cave tubing.com They look reputable.

One more question... how do you get into the water? You don't have to jump, do you? My mother has difficulty walking/ balancing. Thanks!

I looked at the website with the dash and I watched the video showing their tubing compared to other tour companies tours. I was cracking up. I was trying to get my mother to try this but when we saw the tubes are held together becasue your feet are under the next persons armpits that ended that idea. If she got a leg cramp it would be all over :eek:

Looks like fun....have a great time!!!

We haven't gone yet (obviously as I was OP above:)) but you may want to email Major Tom or cavetubing directly. I believe i read somewhere that they can bungee a tube to another tube (I think they do this with kids). This might be an option for your mom so she would not have to link her leg to a tube.

I apologize if this has been asked but I've searched and can't find the answer. I am traveling with my mom on the 2/15 Legend sailing and want to take my daughters (7 & 9) cave tubing in Belize.

Both girls are excellent swimmers and will, of course, wear life vests and helmets for the excursion itself.

My concern is the 40 minute walk in carrying the tube. They can handle (and will enjoy) the walk through the jungle with no problem (they loved a similar hike in St. Lucia) but I am worried about them carrying large tubes...if my DH was going, he and I could carry 2 each but I can't carry 3 and I'm worried mom can't handle more than her own...

I've read that cave tubing dot com carries the tubes for ladies and kids (I can carry my own but worried about kids) - do they still do this - does Major Tom? These are the two companies I'm leaning toward but welcome any suggestions. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!

Cave-Tubing.com will carry the tubes for you without you even asking. My wife and 8 year old DD really appreciated that.

Bill, thanks for the reassurance. I think we'll book with cave tubing.com They look reputable.

One more question... how do you get into the water? You don't have to jump, do you? My mother has difficulty walking/ balancing. Thanks!

You don't jump into the water when you start cave tubing. First they let you walk in the water at your leisure to get used to the temperature. Then they set up the tube-links when everybody is ready and then off you go. Surprisingly, its very safe and comfortable. There is a section of the tour where they will point out a safe place to jump off the cliff into the water if you choose to do so. Myself and like 4 others tried the jump...good times.

Archived