Car rental FLL in Feb.

I'm renting a car just for one day pre-cruise in FLL. Prices are averaging in the $70's-$80's just for one day! Anyone else out there renting in Feb from FLL and seeing the same thing? I've tried priceline and they won't accept my bids (LOL), and Hotwire has an SUV for $70 including the taxes & fees, but their compact was much higher. Any advice?

Well my friend and I are going to be staying in FLL 2/21-2/23 and he found a dodge charger for 70 for 2 days. Crazy good price.

Thrifty Car Rental

Thanks. I just checked Thrifty.com and see the Dodge Charger price to be about $90/day! How'd you get the price you got? When did you book it? Did you use a coupon?

Really? I was talking to my friend who booked it and he told he the price..i couldnt believe it..so i priced it today and got right around 70 total..

Ok I just ran it again and it went up to 2 days @ $79.00/day with Unlimited Miles

Really weird. I'd keep pricing it.

I did the dates ofr 2/21-2/23

I will be renting a car in Ft Lauderdale around this same time in February...I found a great rate from Thrifty OFF the airport. If you go into their web site, you would type in "Fort Lauderdale" instead of FLL which is the airport location...then you select the 2400 Miami Road location which is just north of the airport on Route 1...you can get there by cab which was about $10 last year or by public bus from the Airport. there is no shuttle service but the savings is still cheaper even with the cab added on.

I will be renting a car in Ft Lauderdale around this same time in February...I found a great rate from Thrifty OFF the airport. If you go into their web site, you would type in "Fort Lauderdale" instead of FLL which is the airport location...then you select the 2400 Miami Road location which is just north of the airport on Route 1...you can get there by cab which was about $10 last year or by public bus from the Airport. there is no shuttle service but the savings is still cheaper even with the cab added on.

Oh thanks for that info, but we want to rent in at the airport. We will have lots of luggage with us and need the shuttle service to port the next day. I'm still pricing and all the prices are still the same. :mad: I may end up booking the Hotwire SUV for a total of $70 with taxes & fees. Hmmmmm....

I surfed around and found a coupon code for Budget. It expires tomorrow but you can use it for future trips if you book by 12/31/08. It's for 50% off. I got an intermediate car for 1 day for $47 total including taxes & fees!

The coupon code BCD # is U071101. Hope it helps anyone else who may need it!:)

Archived