snorkeling compared to cozumel? snorkeling vs zipline?

springisch

We love to snorkel, but were wondering if Belize would be the best place to snorkel? We will also be stopping at Cozumel, Costa Maya, & Nassau. We have ziplined in Puerto Vallarta and loved it!! Also wondering how great the zipline is in Belize?

Thanks!

springisch

We did the zipline on Christmas Day. Had a blast. But there was a down side. There was another ship in port and the added crowd meant long lines. The whole trip took over 5 hours, almost 6. So it meant we had no time for shopping and got to experience very little of the country.

A word of warning -- the bus ride takes you over a dirt road. 1/2 of your trip will be extremely bumpy and unpleasant. I'm glad we did the zip line but I don't think I would do it a 2nd time.

We love to snorkel, but were wondering if Belize would be the best place to snorkel? We will also be stopping at Cozumel, Costa Maya, & Nassau. We have ziplined in Puerto Vallarta and loved it!! Also wondering how great the zipline is in Belize?

Thanks!

springisch

Springisch,

We just got back from our cruise and this being our 3rd time to stop at Belize & Cozumel and our first time in Costa Maya. We snorkeled in Belize and Cozumel and scuba dived in Costa Maya. All 3 places are different and unique. I would highly recommend you snorkeling in Belize. Water clarity, fish and coral are very nice here. We snorkeled at Sting Ray Alley and Coral Gardens on the Barrier Reef. If you think about it, you can zip line in many other places but you can’t just walk up to many reefs.

Kevin

Sting Ray alley...Coral Gardens...is this part of THIS? This is from the website:

==============================

Catamaran Sail & Snorkel

Approximate Duration: 3 hours Level 2, Age Requirements, Family Recommended

Board your catamaran and sail along the virgin coast of Costa Maya. Ice-cold drinks will be served on the way to the snorkel site. Dive into the crystal-clear Caribbean waters to explore the colorful undersea life. After an approximate 45 minutes of snorkeling you’ll sail back along the scenic coast.

Note: Participants must be at least 6 years of age. At the end of the tour you’ll have the opportunity to be dropped off in town or return directly to your ship. If staying in town, the return trip back to the ship......"

The NCL website isn't specific on where this tour is...I'm wondering because I want to have a good snorkel trip and actually see some pretty fish :) Was very disappointed in Mazatlan when we took the snorkel trip to Deer Island, and want to prevent another trip where I don't see fish :) Thanks in advance :)

Springisch,

We just got back from our cruise and this being our 3rd time to stop at Belize & Cozumel and our first time in Costa Maya. We snorkeled in Belize and Cozumel and scuba dived in Costa Maya. All 3 places are different and unique. I would highly recommend you snorkeling in Belize. Water clarity, fish and coral are very nice here. We snorkeled at Sting Ray Alley and Coral Gardens on the Barrier Reef. If you think about it, you can zip line in many other places but you can’t just walk up to many reefs.

Kevin

Sting Ray alley...Coral Gardens...is this part of THIS? This is from the website:

==============================

Catamaran Sail & Snorkel

Approximate Duration: 3 hours Level 2, Age Requirements, Family Recommended

Board your catamaran and sail along the virgin coast of Costa Maya. Ice-cold drinks will be served on the way to the snorkel site. Dive into the crystal-clear Caribbean waters to explore the colorful undersea life. After an approximate 45 minutes of snorkeling you’ll sail back along the scenic coast.

Note: Participants must be at least 6 years of age. At the end of the tour you’ll have the opportunity to be dropped off in town or return directly to your ship. If staying in town, the return trip back to the ship......"

The NCL website isn't specific on where this tour is...I'm wondering because I want to have a good snorkel trip and actually see some pretty fish :) Was very disappointed in Mazatlan when we took the snorkel trip to Deer Island, and want to prevent another trip where I don't see fish :) Thanks in advance :)

Yes - you are correct on the description of the Coral Gardens and Sting Ray Alley in Belize but it wasn't on a catamaran. We went with the tour group called Coral Breeze Tours (coralbreezetours.com). Look under the heading snorkeling. They also stop at Caye Caulker Island for the lunch option. Heck for $6 more dollars it's not bad. Was a piece of chicken, rice & beans. You can also grab one of there local beers (Belkin) to taste. You will love the island.

Kevin

Archived