Ruby Princess or Westerdam -- save 1100 bucks....

uglybutgoodbakery

I cancelled my Ruby cabin, kept my FCC for another time. We decided to check out the rates when it gets closer to April/May/June for a last-minute deal. I had a lot of remorse at first cancelling, but I'm over it.

If we go, we go, and if we don't, we'll go another time. Vacations are not stress-free if you have to worry about wyhether or not you should be going and if can afford them, so I'm gonna play cruise-fare roulette, and hopefully I'll get a good rate later on in the spring, when I see how the economy really does affect our vacation fund.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been on both lines several times. Both are comparable with amenities, food, entertainment, etc. When we first started cruising, we would share a cabin with two other family members. Once we decided to upgrade to just my husband and myself in a cabin, that was it for sharing. I will always pay the extra money to have separate cabins. I have been on the Westerdam and enjoyed it very much. However, in three weeks we are booked on the Ruby! FYI, three other family members are sharing a cabin on the Ruby, and the third passenger did get a break in the price, so you may want to further inquire on that issue, if you would want to give up your two cabins and possibly switch to a quad on the Ruby. Either way, you and your family will have a great time! Have fun. :)

Archived