How young for zip-lining???

lovetheislands

These boards have been so much help already...I am hoping for some Belize ziplining vets to help me:)

9 and 7 year old daughters both want to zip-line. I've done it before but my last time was in St. Maarten - and it took a good deal of coordination and a long stride (legs) to be able to make it across the rope suspension bridges, etc. The minimum age was around 10 or 12 (I think) for that zip-line and it would have been VERY difficult for my 9 year old who is very petite. She would loved the zip-lining itself but I am afraid would have had trouble reaching lines, attaching safety hooks, going over difficult net and rope bridges, etc. There were no guides on platforms. We loved it and it was a highlight of the trip but I would not have felt comfortable with young kids.

Another family on that excursion said they'd zip-lined in Costa Rica and elsewhere and it was much easier and that someone helped their young kids through the entire process and that there had been guides on each platform.

Has anyone taken their kids ziplining in Belize? With Major Tom?

Were there guides on the platforms?

Did kids have difficulty?

Did they enjoy it or find it frustrating or difficult?

ANY input is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!!

Archived