Private tour for just the two of us?

Marmarjudy

Has anyone prearranged a tour for just two? We don't want to do beach or hiking, just a couple of hours, or three, seeing the highlights of the island and the out of the way places.

Or are there no really interesting things to see since we don't do the beach stuff?

Any suggestions other than grab an unknown cab at the pier? And any idea of the cost, though that's really not the top concern. We are more than willing to pay for quality versus the unknown.

Thanks,

Judy

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone prearranged a tour for just two? We don't want to do beach or hiking, just a couple of hours, or three, seeing the highlights of the island and the out of the way places.

Or are there no really interesting things to see since we don't do the beach stuff?

Any suggestions other than grab an unknown cab at the pier? And any idea of the cost, though that's really not the top concern. We are more than willing to pay for quality versus the unknown.

Thanks,

Judy

Hi Judy - my family and I were just in Bonaire last week. It was our first visit and we wanted to do the beach thing, so just took a cab. It's an easy island to navigate and I wouldn't hesitate to rent a car and drive around, if they even have car rentals - I don't recall seeing any, though. You can take in the salt flats and see the flamingos walking around. Don't forget the Donkey Sanctuary!

You can probably just ask a taxi driver to drive you around for an hour or two and see what he charges. If it seems reasonable, go for it. It's a very flat island, similar to Aruba, and the folks there are very nice and friendly.

Enjoy!

My husband and I were in Bonaire on December 24. Before leaving, I had arranged a private tour with Hans. I emailed him with my questions at hansoutdoor@hotmail.com and he promptly replied to all of my emails. I must say that we had low expectations of Bonaire, and were we ever wrong! After four Caribbean cruises and a multitude of ports, Bonaire is now one of our favorite.

We met Hans upon disembarking. I had asked him to give us both his "north" and "south" tours and to arrange a lunch stop. After all, who knows when we'll be back??

Bonaire is beautiful, has the most gorgeous turquoise water I've ever seen. The coast drive is incomparable. We feel as though we really saw a lot of places that most tourists never see, especially those loaded in the cruise ship buses! We took lots and lots of pictures, but they are not ready for prime time. As I get them loaded onto my computer & edited, I will be happy to share with anyone who wishes. Halfway through the tour, Hans stopped at Jibe Beach for lunch, and it was wonderful. He picked a winner! Then in the afternoon, we saw the salt pyramids for which Bonaire is known.

The tour lasted about 5 hours [i'm guessing], took in every possible site + lunch and afterwards, still allowed us time to walk around the charming small capitol city to pick up a few souvenirs. [i selected a salt grinder and a pyramid-shaped packet of salt to bring home.]

The capital is clean & the pastel-painted buildings are lovely. It's safe, too. We hope that someday we can return.

Hans charged us $200 for the entire day; that is the price for his taxi. If you wanted to take someone else along, they could split it with you. Both of us thought that $100 apiece was a real value. We also insisted on paying for his lunch, not very expensive.

Please let me know if I can tell you anything else about Hans. We recommend him without hesitation.

Enjoy your cruise!

GG

Archived