INDY deck 6 aft

angie54751

We booked a balcony gty for our upcoming 8 night Indy. We are assigned a deck 6 aft. Just wondering what others who have had these thought of them. My understanding is that they are not the most desirable balcony cabins. But I guess I could be at home looking out my window at all the snow so doubt I will complain much....am just curious. If anyone has pics that would be great too.

Thanks

We were on deck 6.... it's a great place to be.... just one up from the promenade. It's a bit of a walk back to the aft but you lucked out with an aft on a GTY.... where did you hear otherwise? I chose one deliberately for my next cruise. She's a brilliant ship and you are going to have an awesome time. Here's a pic of our D1:

n617355351_4378235_9040.jpg

Had balcony 6354 on Freedom on a recent cruise. It was aft of the stairs/elevators but not too far aft. I thought the location was perfect. Easy walk down to the promenade and entertainment decks without being over anything noisy. Elevators always less than full going up. If I sail Freedom class again, I will book the same area. The view lines were fine from the balcony.

This is the OPs husband. I am hijacking my wife's post. ;)

We had heard that deck 6 wasn't desirable because of the crew area below. Then we saw the picks below from a Voyager class ship....

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1348195758056865149VKgghE

We were wondering what the view off the balcony would be like. The pictures from the link above appear that the crew are congregating just outside the balcony and don't appear very private.

I will tell you from my point of view any aft cabin will is much better than any other balcony.. Hands down no question!

Why..

1. The balcony will be a lot larger than any others on the ship like double at min up to five time depending on floor.

2. Less problems with wind.

As for deck 6 it is the lesser of the afts but still a great find. The crew area were they gather is out from your balcony as there is a large gray roof area between you and them.

My vote is you will love the cabin.

CruisenFunToo,

I think you just answered our question. Based on our reading from a few other threads and not really understanding what the pictures from the post above were showing, we were confused about what exactly was outside our balcony.

Thanks everyone for your input. :D

Archived