Cabana cost at Half Moon Cay

Riley's Mom

In the pictures I noticed people with clamshells in front of the cabanas. Is that an extra cost? (somehow I'm guess yes)

Also, I noticed in the pictures there are quite a few people in front of some of the cabanas. Do other passengers just set up their clamshells or lounge chairs in front of your cabana or do you think people just invite others over that they may be traveling with?

Here are the pictures. We walked as far as the #1 cabana, took a few pictures and then walked the other direction, so I don't know exactly how far away the kids area is from the cabanas, but in this picture it looks like the play area is not real close to the first cabana. I don't believe I was zooming in at all in the picture below. Once you open this picture, if you look up to the right of the page, you'll see a "full size" icon. If you click that, the picture will enlarge even more and give you a better idea of what's what in that area.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2938282290104783828FaGWoh

By the children's area I seen a long wood ramp leading to a large covered area. Is that the Oasis cabana? Just curious...not because I'm going to be renting it, although I'd love that, a bit out of my budget!

In the pictures I noticed people with clamshells in front of the cabanas. Is that an extra cost? (somehow I'm guess yes)

Also, I noticed in the pictures there are quite a few people in front of some of the cabanas. Do other passengers just set up their clamshells or lounge chairs in front of your cabana or do you think people just invite others over that they may be traveling with?

The clamshells are $14 for the day. I think they are big enough for a couple of the loungers.

The clamshells are in between the cabanas, so you're not going to have one blocking your view of the water. I don't know if you get your choice of location for your clamshell or not. The first time we were there I noticed they were setting them up in order (it was hot and it was crowded that day), and that last time they were filling them randomly (it was cool and a lot of people didn't get off the ship).

I think the people in the loungers are a little of both...other passengers or friends and family of people in the cabanas. We also saw some of the people who had rented cabanas using the loungers in front. Our cabana (#3-turquoise) is shaded, so if we wanted to get sun, we would have had to use one of the loungers closer to the water. If it's hot or there are two ships visiting HMC at the same time, the beach will be crowded. The first time we were there, it was hot and sunny, and people tended to move their loungers under the trees, which are next to some of the cabanas. The past time it was cool and a lot of people didn't even get off the ship. It warmed up nicely, but we still pretty much had the place to ourselves. :)

By the children's area I seen a long wood ramp leading to a large covered area. Is that the Oasis cabana? Just curious...not because I'm going to be renting it, although I'd love that, a bit out of my budget!

I believe it's the ramp to the Oasis cabana. It's a little pricey...especially when you start adding the upgrade packages. I think part of the reason I've never really ventured down that way to look at it a little closer is because I know I'll never be renting the place. :)

Does anyone know if Carnival also offers butler service for those with cabanas, or is it only HAL?

I think only HAL offers the butler service, but I could be wrong. What I don't understand is why Carnival doesn't allow the cabanas to be booked online like we are able to do on HAL. It would seem like it would be a lot easier for everyone.

LOL, Fran. Shhhhhhh.....don't let them know too early that they'll be butlering all day at HMC. We might not be able to get them off the ship! :rolleyes:

Thanks twinkletoes4445 for the info. I also wish that Carnival would let us book ahead like HAL does. It really would make it a lot easier for everyone involved. Guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that we'll get on board early enough to be able to snag one. If not, it will make for a very long day since we are not really "lie in the sun on a beach all day" kind of people.

LOL, Fran. Shhhhhhh.....don't let them know too early that they'll be butlering all day at HMC. We might not be able to get them off the ship! :rolleyes:

Thanks twinkletoes4445 for the info. I also wish that Carnival would let us book ahead like HAL does. It really would make it a lot easier for everyone involved. Guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that we'll get on board early enough to be able to snag one. If not, it will make for a very long day since we are not really "lie in the sun on a beach all day" kind of people.

Glad I could help. :)

I hope you get a cabana. As soon as the excursion desk opens (or a little before), I'd get in line and try and get one. You could also rent a clamshell, or move a couple of the loungers under one of the trees.

Guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that we'll get on board early enough to be able to snag one. If not, it will make for a very long day since we are not really "lie in the sun on a beach all day" kind of people.

Down the beach near the the last half of the Cabana's plenty of trees to pull lounge chairs under trees in peace and quiet to stay out of the sun on the beach for the day if one wanted to do that.

Hey Eddie, since you and me will be playing "butlers" for the girls all day, "SHOULD WE BRING OUR TUX??? :D And we "BETTER GET A REALLY GOOD TIP AT THE END OF THE DAY." ;):D LOL Counting the days.

Hey Eddie, since you and me will be playing "butlers" for the girls all day, "SHOULD WE BRING OUR TUX??? :D And we "BETTER GET A REALLY GOOD TIP AT THE END OF THE DAY." ;):D LOL Counting the days.

Trying the pic again...fingers crossed!

ry%3D400

A Saint? Hmmm...Swamp land is right! lol :) I am sure you'll have a good time. I only wish I was going to be there to watch. Have fun! :)

Thanks twinkletoes4445, glad you liked the pic! I laughed the whole time I was posting it, the expression on his face is too much!!...LOL You've got Charlie pegged!! Come on and join the fun...the more the merrier! :)

Thanks twinkletoes4445, glad you liked the pic! I laughed the whole time I was posting it, the expression on his face is too much!!...LOL You've got Charlie pegged!! Come on and join the fun...the more the merrier! :)

I only wish we could join you guys! You sound like a fun group. :)

Twinkletoes ..thanks for the great cabana pictures. Prior to seeing your pictures I thought cabanas were funny looking little buildings and couldn't figure out why anyone would want one, Now I am trying to decide which one to book. I have a couple of questions..is the green cabana #10 the only one with a hammock near by? Also was the white table cloth in the picture part of the butler package or is that included in all cabana packages? A white table cloth at the beach looked so classy.

Thanks

Marcia

Archived