Entertainment on Pacific Sun

sonbuck

HI all,

off for our first cruise on Pacific Sun in April. I am after some views on what entertainment there is during the day on the ship? Bingo? etc etc? Also views on the teen club and sorts of things my 2 teens can expect to be doing in teen club.

Thanks heaps

Sonia:)

Hi Sonia

We have just returned from a trip on the Pacific Sun to NZ.There is that much to do on the ship we could have stayed on for another month without being bored I think.:D My two teenagers, (15 & 17) spent most of the time just hanging around with the friends they met on the ship and attended a few activities that were arranged by the teen club such as movies, trivia, scavenger hunts, and discos. Most of the time they were happy to wander the ship and hang out with members of the crew. They had an absolute ball even though there were hardly any teens on our cruise. You will find that they even enjoy getting involved in the formal nights and the island night. During the day activities such as quizzes, shuffleboard, table tennis, bingo,card and board games and music quizzes were always available. Some days there were lectures, interviews and dance classes on. Of a night time the Teen Club offers movies, discos and games for the teens to join in. Most of the time I didnt see my teens until very late at night, and they were very safe on the ship as security was always keeping an eye on them and they even had their own security person that stayed with them at all times. Nicholas the Junior CD is great with the teens and they all loved him, and were never far from where he was. :) Anyway I hope your teens have as much fun as mine did, I am sure they will. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Thanks for that. I was pleased when Sonbuck ask this question as we are on in April also, (after Sonbuck). I also will have two 15 year olds and was worried about security (though son is pretty sensible boy), so what you said was really great. Thanks so much for that.

Thanks Decco, sounds awesome. my teens are 14 & 16 and are keen to see what teen club is about.. They are also keen to do the formal nights etc and we have been working on the clothes etc for these..

How dressed up were your teens for dinner?

Hi Sonia

For the formal nights most of the teens if they were male were dressed in smart pants and shirts, some even wore ties, but others just wore open neck shirts. The girls all dressed in nice dresses and lots of make up and bling.:D They all made sure they had their photos taken before dinner by the photographers, and these made for great souvenirs at the end of the cruise. Make sure you pack a floral shirt or island skirt for the Island night as the teens loved getting involved in that also. The ship does sell the skirts for $4.95 if you havent got one. They also sold island shirts but these were a lot more expensive.

Hi Sonia

For the formal nights most of the teens if they were male were dressed in smart pants and shirts, some even wore ties, but others just wore open neck shirts. The girls all dressed in nice dresses and lots of make up and bling.:D They all made sure they had their photos taken before dinner by the photographers, and these made for great souvenirs at the end of the cruise. Make sure you pack a floral shirt or island skirt for the Island night as the teens loved getting involved in that also. The ship does sell the skirts for $4.95 if you havent got one. They also sold island shirts but these were a lot more expensive.

Hi decco,

I am gathering the skirts are grass ones??

My dd and ds have the formal outfits under control. Got my son a vest and tie with nice shirt and pants..he thinks he looks HOT hehe. DD did her yr10 formal this year so is going to wear the outfit again :)

So out there shirts hmmm...ok will start keeping an eye out for shirts for island night.. have seen hewaps of leis around of late so that wont be hard to get.

Did the first aid kit thing today, as the one in the cupboard was sadly depleated..man costly.. got most things i have read on these boards, from seasick pills, to aqua ear, coild & flu tabs etc etc the list goes on. done the reef shoes, and cheap rain coats.. My DH thinks i am made getting this stuff already but once i go back to work next week life returns to flat out so who knows when i would have time to browse the shops for this stuff.

Thanks for the tips really appreciate it.

Cheers

Sonia:)

Hi Sonia,

I got Peter's Island Night shirt at Lowes Menswear. The prices are very reasonable, and as he only wears it for Island Night dress-ups, we didn't want to pay too much for it. The cheap shops have leis for $2 each. I bought 7 for our family cruise earlier this year and packed them in a shoe box so they wouldn't get flattened in our suitcase. :):)

Evon.

Hi Sonia,

I got Peter's Island Night shirt at Lowes Menswear. The prices are very reasonable, and as he only wears it for Island Night dress-ups, we didn't want to pay too much for it. The cheap shops have leis for $2 each. I bought 7 for our family cruise earlier this year and packed them in a shoe box so they wouldn't get flattened in our suitcase. :):)

Evon.

Hi Ela thanks.. have spotted the leis already, but will check out the local Lowes tomorrow.. Thanks :)

Hi Sonia

The outfits you have organised sound fine. Some people really dress up for formal nights and others just dress smartly, so dont worry, whatever the teens wear it wont be over the top. Island night is also a night where you can wear what you want, most people just draped leis around their necks, but then there were others that had come prepared with wigs and all. I even noticed one couple with matching skeleton aprons.:D It was rather funny to see all this as during our cruise the weather wasnt the best and most people had spent the entire cruise in gloves, coats, hats and scarves which they had to purchase in Melbourne as they had all packed for warm weather. But come Island night there wasnt a scarf or pair of gloves to be seen, even though it was still rather chilly. One thing I would make sure you pack is clothing that is one size too big.:D:D, as you have never seen so much food in all your life.!!

In answer to your question about the skirts, they are made to look like grass skirts but are made from some form of plastic strips, and luckily they do last the night. :)

Hi decco,

thanks again.. we are soo excited.. I am sure we will overpack thou trying not to.. after all i have read on here i am certainly better prepared than i could have ever been otherwise.. I am however glad i am doing a warmer cruise than NZ, known to be cold in January. I am sure 7 days will fly past and i will be begging to book an0ther cruise.

Thanks again for your help & Info

Cheers

Sonia

Archived