Parking at Newark Airport

momeagle36

Ok I was looking at the Newark Airport map and it looks like long term parking is quite a ways from the terminal my husband had a hip replacement a year ago is there any closer handicapped parking or am I better off parking in the long term lot?? then how do I get to the terminal from the lot since I have never been to this airport I am having a bit of anxiety over this issue alone the other thing im concerned about is how safe my car will be way out yonder if we have to park there anyone familier with this airport your info would most certainly be appreciated.:eek:

susan

Momeagle36

Ok I was looking at the Newark Airport map and it looks like long term parking is quite a ways from the terminal my husband had a hip replacement a year ago is there any closer handicapped parking or am I better off parking in the long term lot?? then how do I get to the terminal from the lot since I have never been to this airport I am having a bit of anxiety over this issue alone the other thing im concerned about is how safe my car will be way out yonder if we have to park there anyone familier with this airport your info would most certainly be appreciated.:eek:

susan

Momeagle36

Try Avistar which is a private long term parking lot right near the airport. They have vans that will take you directly from your car to your termnal. It is probably easier than using the public long term lot at Newark which will require that you to walk to the monorail with your luggage which will take you to your terminal.http://www.airparkparking.com/

Thanks for all the replys but I think I have resolved this problem, I called Newark Airport parking and spoke to a very nice woman and explained the situation to her she told me that we could park in the Parking Garage at the airport and they normally charge $30.00 per day but if we have a handicap placard it is half the price and the parking is right arcoss the street from the terminal. I could drop my DH off with all our luggage and then park the car and meet him where I dropped him off. I think this sounds like the best solution of all. hopefully it will all work out as planned

Susan

Momeagle36

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you are still checking this board, but this should be helpful to other CC members as well.

When flying out of Newark Airport, you should always park off-site. There are NUMEROUS companies that offer this service. They are all just minutes from the terminal (no further than long term parking lots). The benefits are 1) smaller lots with generally better security, 2) door to door delivery of you & your luggage without having to lug it on shuttle buses, 3) cost is CONSIDERABLY lower than on-site parking, 4) most importantly in the summer or winter, your car will be cooled or heated when you return to it, cleared of snow, etc.

I have been doing this for years and can generally get rates of about $10 a day when searching online to see who has the lowest price that day. Some of the parking lots are AvisStar - Haynes and AirPark but there are probably about 15-20 of them right in the same area.

Do your homework online by searching for Airport Parking & you will save yourself a lot of time, money & aggravation.:D I also park off-site when flying out of LGA and JFK but I used Newark as an example because 90% of my flights each year are out of that airport.

I don't know if you are still checking this board, but this should be helpful to other CC members as well.

When flying out of Newark Airport, you should always park off-site. There are NUMEROUS companies that offer this service. They are all just minutes from the terminal (no further than long term parking lots). The benefits are 1) smaller lots with generally better security, 2) door to door delivery of you & your luggage without having to lug it on shuttle buses, 3) cost is CONSIDERABLY lower than on-site parking, 4) most importantly in the summer or winter, your car will be cooled or heated when you return to it, cleared of snow, etc.

I have been doing this for years and can generally get rates of about $10 a day when searching online to see who has the lowest price that day. Some of the parking lots are AvisStar - Haynes and AirPark but there are probably about 15-20 of them right in the same area.

Do your homework online by searching for Airport Parking & you will save yourself a lot of time, money & aggravation.:D I also park off-site when flying out of LGA and JFK but I used Newark as an example because 90% of my flights each year are out of that airport.

Cruzndiz,

Thanks for the update as I posted in my original post My husband had a hip replacement a year ago and has some mobilty related issues related to this so I am really trying to find someplace close to the airport or on the airport property itself ideally I would like to drop him off at the terminal and then park and meet him at the door where I dropped him off I really dont know if logistically this is even a option. I am considering doing a dry run to the airport to check things out I am about 1 hour away from Newark. I also considered hiring a car service to drop us off and then pick us up but it is about $200.00 each way because of the distance so I have nixed that idea.

Susan

Momeagle36

Cruzndiz,

Thanks for the update as I posted in my original post My husband had a hip replacement a year ago and has some mobilty related issues related to this so I am really trying to find someplace close to the airport or on the airport property itself ideally I would like to drop him off at the terminal and then park and meet him at the door where I dropped him off I really dont know if logistically this is even a option. I am considering doing a dry run to the airport to check things out I am about 1 hour away from Newark. I also considered hiring a car service to drop us off and then pick us up but it is about $200.00 each way because of the distance so I have nixed that idea.

Susan

Momeagle36

Given your situation I would vote that you go to one of the private lots mentioned in this post. They will bring you in a comfortable van right to the check in area. Hardly any walking for your husband.

Archived