Welcome Home... Galveston/GALAXY Folks

TEXASMUNK

Kathie44 - We took the Cozumel--Catamaran Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party excursion when we were on the Rhapsody of the Seas an did not enjoy it at all. They took us about 100 yards off of the dock and fed the fish tortillias and took our pictures when a swarm of fish were around - not our idea of snorkling. Then they motored the catamaran at full speed to the beach. I expected to "sail" on the cat. The beach they took us too was okay, but not great. On the way back to the ship they gave free (read included in the price) drinks and several of the younger crowd had more than they should have and got very rowdy. One girl was flashing the bar tenders. Totally inapproapriate for an excersion with young children on board. We were 61 and 62 years old at the time and we don't drink anymore. If you're young and enjoy the partying it might be more fun for you. Just a heads up. We've taken excursions on all of our cruises and that's the only one that was negative.

We're looking for something else to do this time around - any suggestions out there?

We are booked for that tour on the next sailing leaving THURSDAY - Thanksgiving Day. I kept reading "mixed" reviews on the train vs. the domed train and when I finally went to book the domed train it was full. SO, I went on and booked the ferry as I'd read great things about it and now I'm so glad I did! Your comments reassurred me. What was the lunch? How long were you actually on the ferry and do you have any "hints" as to where to sit or are seats assigned? What were the temps like?

Archived