Hotel in LA

KPLIONMA

Hi Gang,

We are starting our cruise through the Panama Canal from Los Angeles and are flying in the night before..Can anyone recommend a good hotel to stay in? And what is the best way to get to the port from the hotel? Thanks

We stayed at the four points sheraton LAX. We had super shuttle pick us up and take us to the terminal in long beach I'm sure you could get to your port from there as well.

I live between the port and the airport and grew up right next to the airport.

You have a choice of staying near LAX or staying near the port. All hotels near the airport have a free shuttle from the airport, so you can easily get to your hotel. I wouldn't say any of them are "scenic" though. You can find some good deals near LAX. In El Segundo (town adjacent and south of LAX) has a hotel called the "Hacienda Hotel" that has very good rates on weekends. I had my wedding reception there. It is one of your best bargains near LAX. Anything on Century Blvd will be expensive. THere are several restaurants in the neighborhood around the Hacienda. On Centtury, all of the restaurants will be within the hotels.

If you stay near LAX, you should take SuperShuttle to the port. Weekend morning traffic from LAX to San Pedro or Long Beach is not bad. Weekday traffic is bad. If you are coming in to LA in the evening and leaving on the ship on a sat or sunday, I would stay near LAX. If you are leaving on a weekday, stay near the port because you don't want to be stressing while sitting in traffic.

We stayed @ the Crowne Plaza, San Pedro, bid on Priceline for $65 in Oct. It was a GREAT place to stay. Free shuttle to both ports, shuttle available to take you to restaurants or shopping and a nice area to walk around.

If you want a lot more info, visit the west coast departure board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

Archived