Best Beach for Day

agem19

We've done Dickenson Bay beach about 3-4 times already, have considered others but keep coming back because it is so nice and reasonable for a great beach day. What you describe is all there, but it does get somewhat crowded by around mid-day. It is a beautiful beach and very reasonable to get to from the ship.

I am interested in taking my family to Dickenson Bay Beach. How far is it from where the ship docks? What is the best way to get there?

Thanks!!:cool:

some people r talking about vally church beach, sounds great but, if the bus stops to let us off on the way to darkwood, how do we get back to the ship? there is not a bus stop from what i am reading..and it says do not walk to darkwood the road is bad?? cindy

we just stood on the side of the road and waved it down. we didn't have any problem.

We were at Dickensons Beach Two weeks ago and loved it! Our kids are 24,22 and 17. They rented jet ski's and we went horseback riding. It was Awesome! To rent chairs I believe it was five dollars a chair. We took a taxi and it was $3.00 a person. This was an amazing day and one of our favorites of our whole cruise! I will try to download some pictures for you.

We were at Dickensons Beach Two weeks ago and loved it! Our kids are 24,22 and 17. They rented jet ski's and we went horseback riding. It was Awesome! To rent chairs I believe it was five dollars a chair. We took a taxi and it was $3.00 a person. This was an amazing day and one of our favorites of our whole cruise! I will try to download some pictures for you.

Thanks for the helpful info. I'm leaning towards this beach since it is closer to the ship terminal and inexpensive to get there. I had read somewhere that the chairs were like $15 each, which seemed high. Did you have any food or drinks while you were there? If so, what place and approx. how much?? I've seen Sneaky Pete's beach bar on their website & it looked inviting.

The beach chairs were no more than $5.00 a piece. The place that they dropped us off was right next to Sandals Resort. I forget what the bar was called. They had drinks and food. That day I just got a soda for $2.00. I think the food was kinda expensive. They had rest rooms. We rented jet skis for $45.00 per 1/2 hour. We also went horseback riding which was so much fun too! The price for that was $35.00 for an hour or more. We walked up the beach to sneaky petes but there prices were about the same.

The beach chairs were no more than $5.00 a piece. The place that they dropped us off was right next to Sandals Resort. I forget what the bar was called. They had drinks and food. That day I just got a soda for $2.00. I think the food was kinda expensive. They had rest rooms. We rented jet skis for $45.00 per 1/2 hour. We also went horseback riding which was so much fun too! The price for that was $35.00 for an hour or more. We walked up the beach to sneaky petes but there prices were about the same.

Thanks for your reply. We leave this Friday on our 9 night cruise. Can't wait to be in the pretty blue water.

The horseback riding sounds fun & something we don't have planned in any other ports. And of course I'm ready to lay back & have a delicious drink!

Anyone with more info on Half Moon Bay beach?? Dont really want to spend the $$$ for a day at an all inclusive when i can eat all i want on the ship!!! Seeing i payed for it. Anyone know if you can just go to Jolly beach and not get into the whole one day pass thingy???

We went to 'Runaway Beach' last November, same area as Jolly Beach, Jolly Harbor. Paid $ 6 pp each way, rental chairs and umbrellas available, so one does not have to do a resort package .

Leaving this Sunday on RCCL Explorer of the Seas, thought we would try Dickerson beach this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived