Considering a Princess cruise - any advice from P&Oers?

CASPALL

Happy New Year to all.

After a hectic Christmas we are considering cruising next year (with daughter and son in law) to avoid all the shopping, cooking etc.

The trouble is we can't find what we want with P&O but have found a good itinerary with Princess cruises. We haven't been with any other cruise line so feel a bit out of our depth here.

Would you recommend Princess/ how does it compare to P&O etc.

Thanks for any advice you happen to have!

Caryl

*I know I should be posting on Princess, but I want a Brit view!*

A lot depend on the ship. If you chose the Sea Princess which has predominantly British passengers, it is very similar to P&O with better food and service. However, the production shows IMHO are not as good as some we have seen on P&O. The brought on acts can be the same as P&O use.

On all the others ships were the clientele are mainly Americans it is a different experience. We have found our American cousins friendly and engaging and have made many American friends over the years. Expect the entertainment to be geared to American tastes.

Hope this Helps

Cb 15 + Princess cruises

Have done both P&O and Princess cruises, differences are as said before you get alot of Americans on board which can be fun.

Also you will get Movie under the stars, if you like watching movies whilst on holiday, you sit outside with a rug around you and they serve popcorn.

Not as formal as P&O but still very good. Think that the buffets are better on Princess but again only my opinion.

If the itinerary suits you better then I would plump for Princess.

I have cruised with both lines and have had enjoyable holidays every time, my preference is Princess with the exception of the ‘Sea Princess’. On the other ships the majority of passengers are US or Canadian there is usually a broad church of other nations, on the Sea Princess the majority are UK and in my opinion the standards are lower, although we had a great time, compared with the previous 4 cruises and subsequent 5 cruises with Princess the Sea Princess was the least Princess experience

Archived