chocolate peacan pie recipe on the Sapphire

ckr31

CKR31

I have just found this recipie on the internet. Hope it's what you wanted.

The recipie is at the bottom of the page.

Chocolate pecan pie Method 1. First make the sweet pastry. Mix together the sugar, egg yolks and butter in a large bowl. Sift the flour onto the buttery mixture and, using your fingers, rub it all together until you get a sandy texture.

2. Add the water and quickly press it into soft dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of four hours.

3. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.

4. Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 25cm tart tin. Prick the base and chill until required.

5. Melt the chocolate and the butter together in a heatproof bowl over simmering water; set aside.

6. In a medium sized saucepan, combine the sugar and corn syrup and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.

7. Beat the eggs in a large bowl, then stir in the melted chocolate-butter mixture. Whisk in the sugar syrup mixture and thoroughly combine.

8. Add the vanilla extract and stir in the pecans. Set aside until completely cool.

9. Pour the pecan filling into the chilled pastry and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Lower the temperature to 180C/gas 4 and continue to bake for about 20 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling is set.

Serves: 8 Prep: 30 min, plus chilling

Cook: 50 min Ingredients

For the sweet pastry

160g caster sugar

2 egg yolks

300g unsalted Butter

500g strong white flour

50ml water

For the filling

80g dark chocolate, broken into pieces

45g unsalted Butter

160g granulated sugar

235ml golden syrup

3 Eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

235g Pecans, chopped

Happy eating

Twigs

Sorry about that. I also work in pounds and ounces but most scales show both so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

What is your weather like?

It is cold here although a little warmer than yesterday.

Twigs

If you e-mail Princess, won't they send you the recipe? I thought they made a cookbook of all their recipes.

I emailed Princess almost a month ago for the Black and Blue Onion Soup recipe. It's offered at the Crown Grill. I have never heard back from Princess--not even an automated email. I did use the link from their website that was for recipes. Oh well.

Archived