Kodiak, AK

uscgjoker

When I lived in Kodiak there would be a cruise ship that pulled into Kodiak every now and again. The newspaper a year ago stated that more would start visiting Kodiak, does anyone know which cruise lines have Kodiak as a port of call?

Thank you for your help with getting me back to Kodiak,

Joe

We are on the Fred Olsen ship Balmoral and should be in Kodiak on Wed 15th April.

Could you please give us any information on what to do and see in the area, it will be our first visit to Alaska and have no idea what to expect re weather,whale watching or wild life during the month of April.

we are on the fred olsen ship balmoral and should be in kodiak on wed 15th april.

Could you please give us any information on what to do and see in the area, it will be our first visit to alaska and have no idea what to expect re weather,whale watching or wild life during the month of april.

burrrrrrr!

We are on the Fred Olsen ship Balmoral and should be in Kodiak on Wed 15th April.

Could you please give us any information on what to do and see in the area, it will be our first visit to Alaska and have no idea what to expect re weather,whale watching or wild life during the month of April.

Do you have room in your suit case for me??? Kodiak is a great place, there is an outdoor mall (strip mall) a few miles from where the ship moores up. If you like Chinese food like I do, there is a place in town called Pekin sizzler, they have by far the best food I have had to date (and one reason I want to go back!). If you like sight seeing I would recommend a trip to Fort Ambercrombie, it over looks the ocean and you can usually see a few whales. In April you can expect some rain, actually you can always expect rain there! Temps are usually averging around the mid 30 (fereinheit)'s. Bring your camera! There are so many wonderful pictures you can take! I'm at work right now, but will try to upload photos when I get home to my picasa web for you to look at, and will let you know when they are up.

Thanks Joker

Its the wild life thats our main interest, this time last year we were down in the Antarctic so are well prepared for the weather.

My husband has always longed to see the Aurora Borealis, but we have been in Norway etc at the wrong time of year. I notice someone on this forum mentioned that you could be lucky enough to see this spectacle during March,April and as we are sailing from Japan to Alaska via the Aleutian Islands from the 4thApril I am keeping my fingers crossed.

We should be in Kodiak from 6am to 8pm so plenty of time for sight seeing and also try out the cuisine.

I visited Kodiak way back in 1998 on the old Island Princess, a port stop on a 10 day cruise the actually sailed from Anchorage (not possible any more with the larger ships) Found your town charming, I enjoyed walking the docks looking at all the fishing boats. I wish the cruise lines would and some routes out to Kodiak. To me it would be easy for Princess to make a 10 day one way sailing between Vancouver and Whittier by adding a day in Kodiak, a sea day and a stop in Seward from their normal 7 day route.

Mu husband and I will be in Kodiak around June 18. Looking for a good place to eat crabs since we heard most of the king crab are caught there. Any ideas of places to visit will be appreciated.

The best place I thought was called the Powerhouse, they had fresh seafood every day, I personally do not eat seafood, but my wife told me the king crab she had was excellent! Don't let the name confuse you, the Powerhouse used to be an old power house that was made into a resturant. It is on the water so you can see the boats come in and out.

Archived