Can you still request Mohr en Hend for dessert?

stipmom

Will be on the Summit at the end of the month.

Hi Stipmom !

That's a interesting question. Mohr Im Hemd (I think that's how it is spelled) is my all-time favorite Celebrity Dessert !

I asked for it about 18 months ago. On the last night of the Cruise, they brought out enough for the entire table, which was a very nice touch. I am unsure if they can do it, because this was an item from Michel Roux's menus, and he is no longer the Master Chef at Celebrity.

I know that Celebrity will always try very hard to make you happy. I would certainly ask. The worst thing that can happen, is they will say no. I might give it a try on Constellation in March, and see what happens. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Stipmom !

That's a interesting question. Mohr Im Hemd (I think that's how it is spelled) is my all-time favorite Celebrity Dessert !

I asked for it about 18 months ago. On the last night of the Cruise, they brought out enough for the entire table, which was a very nice touch. I am unsure if they can do it, because this was an item from Michel Roux's menus, and he is no longer the Master Chef at Celebrity.

I know that Celebrity will always try very hard to make you happy. I would certainly ask. The worst thing that can happen, is they will say no. I might give it a try on Constellation in March, and see what happens. Enjoy your Cruise !

We were on Mercury last Feb./Mar. and did request it for lunch. They were in still in the "transition" stage of the menus, and did prepare it for our group. Delicious!

Mohr im Hemd is a Viennesse baked chocolate pudding. It was served as a dessert at lunch on one of the lunch menus and you did't see it offered very often since the dining room isn't open as often for lunch as it is closed on port days (therefore, they don't use all 14 days worth of lunch menus). It is very good and we usually talk to the maitre'd to order a couple to be delivered to our cabin at midnight. Here is a link to a picture and recipe.

http://www.hermannschaefer.com/recipe

Archived