Is Bannister Island Crowded?

houseflipper48

We will be in Belize in two weeks on the Legend, and will be taking a snorkle tour thru Coral Breeze. We will be dropped off at Bannister for a couple of hours afterward. It looks beautiful, but will it be packed? Has anyone been there that can answer that question? Thanks:o

Yes depending how many ships are in port. When I was last there we were first to arrive and got the best spots and chairs. Later guests had to scrounge for good locations and lounge chairs. But its the only game in town.

Hi...we were there in December. Maybe 50 people there. Nowhere near full. There was a place that you could buy burgers,hotdogs, sandwiches, etc. We got the BBQ chicken platter because they were grilling it on the island and it smelled so good! The island is beautiful. Have fun!

Hi...we were there in December. Maybe 50 people there. Nowhere near full. There was a place that you could buy burgers,hotdogs, sandwiches, etc. We got the BBQ chicken platter because they were grilling it on the island and it smelled so good! The island is beautiful. Have fun!

Do you know how many ships were in port with you? We will be there January 22nd (I believe same day as the OP, but we are on Carnival Valor :D)

We are just doing the beach break, going thru ship at 10:15-2:15, hopefully beating the bigger crowds.

Thanks Marty, what did you do there? My son is interested in a Kayak, and we just want to hang at the beach. Did you grab lunch there, and what are the prices? It looks beautiful, just concerened because there will be 3 ships in port the day we are there. Oh, one more thing, how was the weather all week? Thanks!!

The weather was excellent. One cloudy day in costa maya but other than that it was great.

There were kayaks for rent and only saw a couple people out in them. If he is kayaking he will really enjoy it.

I didn't check the prices for food or drinks but people were there eating and drinking so must have been fairly reasonable.

I would have to say the trip to bannister and snorkeling was one of the best we have ever done. It was just a really nice day.

We visited Belize on the Norwegian Spirit on 1/1/09. There were 2 other ships in port (a Carnival ship and an Aida ship). It was fairly crowded the day we were there. Our tender left the ship b/w 8:30 and 9 am, and we were able to get chairs in the shade easily. However, people were still arriving a few hours later, and they had a hard time finding chairs. I think they stagger arrivals and departures w/the cruise ships to help alleviate this (and it seemed to help).

It was $10 pp to get unlimited kayaking and water trampoline use. My son and I spent a lot of time kayaking and it seemed to be popular that day. At one point, all the kayaks were rented out. There was a dolphin swimming around on the back side of the island and we happened to be out kayaking in that area while he was out. That was cool.

The drinks were ~$5 or $6 US and food was ~$8-$10 US. We had a cheeseburger (good) and the BBQ chicken (I think it was called spicy chicken) w/rice and beans and potato salad (very good).

The beach and the water were beautiful. This was our second time @Bannister Island and I wouldn't hesitate to go again.

Lisa

Archived