RCCL Dunn's River Falls Cruise with Children?

awaldo

We will be in Ocho Rios in less than a month and will have our 4 year old and our 6 month old. We were looking into the RCCL excursion OR25 I believe which is "Dunn's River Falls Cruise". Anyone done that excursion? Any opinions? I realize we won't be able to do the Falls with our ages (unless I do by myself) but thought they would be worth seeing since I don't know if we'll ever get back! Is it too much for a 6 month old to go? We don't expect much, but want something safe & enjoyable. All opinions and information is greatly appreciated!

Maybe I was vague, I was mainly interested in the cruise there and seeing them. I really didn't expect to be able to "do them" with the kids, but just see them. Maybe I should ask, it is possible to go there and see the Falls without climbing them?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Well, it didn't. They wouldn't let us take the cruise due to the age of our youngest. Additionally, I wouldn't plan on going to the Falls if I had small children again. Really not much to do other than see the falls. The beach there, if you can call it that, was nothing.

Well, it didn't. They wouldn't let us take the cruise due to the age of our youngest. Additionally, I wouldn't plan on going to the Falls if I had small children again. Really not much to do other than see the falls. The beach there, if you can call it that, was nothing.

I am doing some research for our cruise there in Nov. and because we are in our 60's the Dunns River Falls doesn't interest us due to the extensive climbing. BUT I did find a private tour guide that sounds very flexible. Log on to "Jamaicatours.com" and do a little reading and you may find something you and your babies can to do together. It has excellent reviews and are reasonable in price. Everyone seems to love them. Have a great cuise!:D

We just came back from Jamaica with MSC cruises and used a private tour operator - Horace Taylor (he was excellent!) - who took us to Reggae Beach. We had our children with us. They have a special staff on the beach who watched and played with the kids in a place we could see them, which allowed us to relax and enjoy the great food, drinks and reggae music - lobster and Red Stripe - it was a dream!!! Reggae Beach is also really beautiful and was only about 10 minutes from the ship. We've been many times to Jamaica and this was our favorite visit so far.

We found him through the Dunn's River Shuttle website - www.dunnsrivershuttle.com . He has very nice people working for him. He picked us up at the pier and showed us a great time. I will try to find his card and personal email address. As for shopping, there was great shopping at Reggae Beach - he also dropped us at Island Village where we had a goodbye Jamaica drink at Margaritaville - it was right next to the ship.

Archived