Belize -Lost World Canopy question

PG13

So, we are seriously considering the Lost World Canopy Tour, with Carnival, but have questions.

1.) Does anyone have pictures I can see?

2.) I am nervous about this because I have height issues, but try not to let them limit me. Is this more of a thrill thing, carnival ride, or do you get to see some really neat things?

3.) How's that ride to the site? Is it a ride in one of those air conditioned buses? The description was unclear, total ride 1.15 hours or, 1.15 then another road??

4.) Did you feel safe?

5.) Bug problems? Snakes?

I'm going to try a search next. Maybe some of you could give me the e-address tio your review of this excursion?

Thanks, Pat

Pat,

DW and I did this tour last year with NCL. I can answer some of your questions:

- the bus ride was a little more than 1 hour. Bus was OK, nothing special, air conditioned. Several paved roads, then back road unpaved. The tour guide gave us background info on Belize as we went.

- the zip lines were great. I believe there were five with two repels (sp?) down. Quite exciting. Some climbing up a steep trail, maybe 15 minutes. They have boxes to step on to attach to the cable. My DW is 5'2" and was no concern. Not a Disney ride, this is the real thing.

- I felt safe as it is a double cable and double pulley system. Guides were very particular and careful. Quality seemed good, I looked.

- no bugs to speak of, we were warned not to use bug spray around the harness equipment as it can damage the synthetic harness.

- no snakes seen on our tour.

- they offered us a CD of pictures after our zip, including pictures they took of us as we were zipping. Quite nice.

Mark

Archived