Christmas on the Emerald ... Long Review of a Wonderful Cruise

Seapixie

Thanks so much for posting your detailed and helpful review. We are going to be sailing on the Emerald on Feb. 8/09 and have cabin C747. We are hoping that we might also have your cabin steward Nora as she sounds like a saint!:D Your review was great and is making me even more excited to be sailing in just over a month.

Bacon227

Not to worry, different sailing date than yours .. I will ask a favor of you though as long as you are sailing before we go in Feb. I want to know if Nora will be there through the whole month of Feb? Will try and

take a little gift along for her . Ask her if she has anything in particular

she might like, perhaps a certain kind of candy, magazine, etc?

Thanks-Sherri

Bacon227

Not to worry, different sailing date than yours .. I will ask a favor of you though as long as you are sailing before we go in Feb. I want to know if Nora will be there through the whole month of Feb? Will try and

take a little gift along for her . Ask her if she has anything in particular

she might like, perhaps a certain kind of candy, magazine, etc?

Thanks-Sherri

Pheww...........I thought our cabin was going to be crowded. LOL. If you remind me when I'm a couple days out, I wil ask. We'll take good care of the cabin for you!!!!!!!!!!!

ULTIMATE SHIP TOUR: All I can say is ... wow-WoW-WOW :D!!! What an experience! They will do this tour for a maximum of only 12 passengers so if you are interested sign up early. I'll admit that it isn't exactly cheap ($150 per person) but to us it was worth every penny and then some! I won't spoil all the surprises that are in store for you by writing about it here but if you like to see "behind the scenes", you will definitely NOT be disappointed!! Okay ... I'll spoil one surprise and it includes champagne and canapes on the bridge and a photo with Commodore Guiseppe Romano. And did I mention you get to climb on the funnel! :) Or go UNDER the stage in the Princess Theatre?? [Note: take closed-toe shoes to wear or you might not get into some of the more interesting areas.]

Can you let us know which day and at what time the tour was offered, it definitely sounds very interesting..........we may do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Seapixie for a great review. We are sailing on the Emerald in 33 days (02/08) and are so excited :D Sad that you didn't get to go to the Chefs Table as that's going to be first on our list of 'to do' things, closely followed by Sabatini's & Crown Grill. Yep, you've guessed it, it's all about the food...........;)

Hi Seapixie!

I just found your post and wanted to thank you for sharing! We also enjoyed the Emerald 2008 Christmas cruise and agree that the memories are priceless.:)

We booked the Crown Grill on 12/26 for 9 and were delighted with the meal. My son still asks if we can make the chocolate dessert with the warm center!:p

You neglected to mention the wonderful days at sea and especially the CC get together! I was able to put faces to all the names and meet a great Canadian family. It was wonderful to be able to share stories with them for most of the cruise. My wife regrets attending the shopping lecture instead. (So she says!:rolleyes:)

Thank you for being "the" hostess. I'm glad you can appreciate the UCLA t-shirt!:D

Looking forward to Alaska on the Island Princess 8/10/09.:cool:

I was surprised by the comment concerning Sabbatini"s. The menu in the Princess website looks like a standard menu, with selections of what you can order at Sabbatini"s. Do you receive all the appetizers? All the pastas,etc...? Or has the menu changed?

Archived