Want to get the best deal....

bskmom

Hi everyone.... Looking to book cruise for this summer. I have been on NCL 3 times and RCCL once. We are looking to take the Dawn to Bermuda in July. We have 16 family members. 8 of us have cruised together before. 8 have never cruised at all. I am trying to find the best way to book rooms. We range in age from 11 to 75. Is now a good time to book. It doesn't seem like prices are that great. I never seem to get a great deal. What does it take to get group rates. Is it number of rooms or people. I use NCL directly and have emailed her but since site is down I am hoping to get some tips. I know they have the OBC promotion. Also I have read there is a AMEX or VISA promo. Has anyone gotten the minisuites on the DAWN. We have only gotten inside/ocean view due to costs. I am a family of 5 so I need two rooms. I may put 4 adults in one room so I thought the minisuite would be better. Is it big enough for 4 adults. They are MIL, SIL, Nephew and girlfriend so I am not sure how they will feel all in the same room. I think they would rather save money than get two rooms though. If anyone has any tips or advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Patti

I wouldn't recommend putting 4 adults in a AF Mini-suite. I have sailed in one 3 times on the Dawn - myself, DH and DS (teen). It was plenty big for us, but, I really wouldn't recommend it. The sofa opens to a full size bed and is quite hard. There are some inside cabins directly across from some of the mini's. Maybe purchasing that for some in your party would be more economical and whoevery has the mini will share the balcony and let everyone visit it.

I just booked a February cruise on the Pearl in an AF Mini-suite for DH and I. Using my Visa to pay the fares we are getting a $400 OBC. I think that is an awesome deal. I have never gotten OBC so I am very happy with it (and pretty much have it spent already..LOL).

As far as pricing for the Dawn to Bermuda, I really wouldn't count on it going down. First, the Dawn is a very popular ship in NY, Second, the Bermuda trip is new to the NCL NY cruisers (this will be only the 2nd season) and is very popular.

I hope that I have given you good information. Good luck with your decision.

Hi everyone.... Looking to book cruise for this summer. I have been on NCL 3 times and RCCL once. We are looking to take the Dawn to Bermuda in July. We have 16 family members. 8 of us have cruised together before. 8 have never cruised at all. I am trying to find the best way to book rooms. We range in age from 11 to 75. Is now a good time to book. It doesn't seem like prices are that great. I never seem to get a great deal. What does it take to get group rates. Is it number of rooms or people. I use NCL directly and have emailed her but since site is down I am hoping to get some tips. I know they have the OBC promotion. Also I have read there is a AMEX or VISA promo. Has anyone gotten the minisuites on the DAWN. We have only gotten inside/ocean view due to costs. I am a family of 5 so I need two rooms. I may put 4 adults in one room so I thought the minisuite would be better. Is it big enough for 4 adults. They are MIL, SIL, Nephew and girlfriend so I am not sure how they will feel all in the same room. I think they would rather save money than get two rooms though. If anyone has any tips or advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Patti

Depending on how many cabins you need, you may want to try to book as a group with your TA or NCL.:) Also, I think the Amex promo is over.

You have to have 8 cabins for a group. When I booked our group, I went through ncl directly. You don't get a better rate, but you do get different types benefits. 1 person will cruise for free - usually the group leader. We all got an obc and a bottle of wine. I think this depends on the cruise or the group promos going on for that week. The only thing I can say is book it all together. If you try to add rooms at a later date, things might change. Also keep in touch with your personal cruise consultant. I did not like dealing with the group department. Found them rude and unhelpful. My pcc was the one that really helped get my questions and issues solved. Good Luck. You'll have a great time going with a group.

Don't know where you live, but have you considered the Majesty out of Baltimore instead of the Dawn out of NY? The Majesty is older and smaller, but it docks at St George and stays there for 3 days. Mostly everyone agrees that docking in St. George is better then at the dockyards.

And best of all, the Majesty pricing should be better.

Just some food for thought.

CG

Thanks for taking the time.. It is great info especially about the mini suite. Good to know about the group rates too.

Cruisngram - we cruised the Majesty last year out of Baltimore to Bermuda. It was fine. We stayed over in Baltimore and had a great time. The port is the best. Since it seems like most ships are just doing

Bermuda again I thought we would mix it up with the Dawn. Although we have sailed her before it was some years ago. The Majesty is much cheaper though and maybe worth considering again. I also looked at the Spirit from Boston (we sailed her as well). It comes down to how many cars to drive and hotel costs, parking charges at port. For NYC we can have other family members just drop us off and pick us up. Well I guess we will wait to see what my NCL TA comes up with and go from there. Haven't heard back from her yet so she either isn't in or email still isn't working.

Thanks again everyone.

Patti

Archived