Cruise Director List 2009

MrPete

Will John Heald be on the Dream in September-he usually takes out the newest ship??? I can't find any info on this, but it may be too early.......

John plans on sailing with the crazies as a guest in September

On John's blog he mentioned that Ralph(wee jimmy) would be back on the conquest after dry dock?? i thought Kyle had it now?

Thanks for the info-Had Todd Wittmer as CD on the Liberty a couple of years ago and thought he was one of the most talented CD's, to date-missed him on the Freedom last month, so am happy to know he will be on the Dream.

John plans on sailing with the crazies as a guest in September

On John's blog he mentioned that Ralph(wee jimmy) would be back on the conquest after dry dock?? i thought Kyle had it now?

What can you tell me about Kyle Post? He's scheduled to be the CD during my cruise in March on the Conquest.

:)

From what I have seen, the entertainment is almost exactly the same on every ship, give or take a few acts. All the ships have the same pre-fab activities, games, & contests, with no originality. As for the cruise director I have never seen them do anything except announcements & MC the shows. The all sound exactly the same and even down to the same "lame jokes"...

We are about to take our fifth cruise. While we have only used two different cruise lines, we have had different cruise directors. Agreed, most CD are the "used car salesman" types, however the last CD on NCL "Star" was very good.

We remember him most because of his final night performance. After the regular show was over, he, and his staff performed a show of their own. It consisted entirely of his toga clad staff spitting water at each other. It's one of those "ya gotta see it yourself" things. He was a very good sport as his staff took great delight in soaking him.

• 2 weeks later...
Does it really matter who the cruise director is on your trip? I couldnt tell who mine was ever, and whoever it is makes no difference in how much I enjoy the cruise.

A good cruise director can certainly enhance the cruise experience (John Heald). A bad one can most definitely destroy it (Jeff Bronson).

• 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by samatha viewpost.gif

We sailed with Steve Knisely on Liberty on 12-13, I can only agree with the above poster. He and the rest of his staff seemed bored with their jobs. Being a platinum, we have sailed with many cruise staffs and appreciate the fact that not all can be John or Corey, but Steve and his staff was the worst.

Will Steve Knisely still be on the Liberty in Nov.? How long do they stay on the same ship?

We are about to take our fifth cruise. While we have only used two different cruise lines, we have had different cruise directors. Agreed, most CD are the "used car salesman" types, however the last CD on NCL "Star" was very good.

We remember him most because of his final night performance. After the regular show was over, he, and his staff performed a show of their own. It consisted entirely of his toga clad staff spitting water at each other. It's one of those "ya gotta see it yourself" things. He was a very good sport as his staff took great delight in soaking him.

Yes, that's a staple on NCL ships. It's called "Fountains" and it is indeed hilarious.

Just off the Destiny (march 5th-9th) and our cruise director was Kevin Noonan.......pretty funny guy and his activites staff was awesome. Best cruise yet!

:)I sailed the Destiny in February and enjoyed Noonan. Did you ever catch the "Morning Show with Matt & Noonan" on the TV in your cabin. Those two really compliment eachother. I was so happy to see Noonan on that ship as our CD. A few years back he was a social host on one of the ships we were on, back then you could tell he would eventually be a CD.

He has that like-ability factor.

I just talked with Kevin Noonan's wife a few days ago and Kevin will NOT be going to the Imagination as the schedule shows.

He was transferred at the last minute to the Destiny.

She did not say who will be the CD on the Imagination...sorry...but it won't be Kevin.

Carnival is hesitant to release too many months ahead because ship happens and the list can change.

They are also concerned because of people booking a cruise because of a cruise director and then being disappointed because the scheduled CD changes. Likewise, some people avoid certain cruises because of who the CD is and then mad if they end up with that CD anyway.

There are far more important reasons to select a cruise than who the cruise director is or is not.

Having said that, here is an updated list:

schedule-january-may-2009-cd-schedule.jpg

Originally Posted by samatha viewpost.gif

We sailed with Steve Knisely on Liberty on 12-13, I can only agree with the above poster. He and the rest of his staff seemed bored with their jobs. Being a platinum, we have sailed with many cruise staffs and appreciate the fact that not all can be John or Corey, but Steve and his staff was the worst.

I agree we also sailed on the 12-13 cruise, They even shut down the night club one night for a private party, for who? steve and staff we were regulated to go on upper deck, we complained but got no where, I also did not like heis talk show, they were making mostly crank calls I could have done better,looking foward to our next cruise in Oct. with carnival and a better cd Our cd on the imagination the week b4 the liberty was great good job Skip

We have been on 2 Miracle cruises and are heading for our third in June. We have always had Brent as a CD and I think he does a great job. he does do a morning show. We saw him from time to time around the ship and he was always friendly! Can't wait till June!

we saw that on the NCL Jewel, I think it's a common NCL show.

Archived