Cruise Director List 2009

MrPete

How Much longer will Todd be on Freedom. We sail on the 22nd or 23 of March??

Not sure how much longer he will be on the Freedom, but we were told last week while on the Freedom that he and the Captain are both going to the Dream.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Liberty in 2/07 and Todd Wittmer was the CD and he was absolutely great. We were back on the Liberty 11/08 and Steve Knisley was the CD and we did not care for him at all. Will be on the Legend in September, I hope we have a CD as good as Todd was. He really made things fun and you would see him out at night talking with the passengers unlike Steve who never spoke unless he was on stage.

I agree. I enjoy cruising regardless of who the CD is, but I do like to know who it will be. There are some I liked and some I didn't like. Althought the CD threads may be getting old to some, there are also some who enjoy reading them. Same for all the other threads.

Looks like Todd W is the C D for the 5-9 sailing on the freedom. anyone know how to get in touch w/ his wife?

I love to get the dirt on the cd to use in the

most inopertune moments.

makes for a REAL fun cruise when i get involved and he thinks he has some help and then the questions start.

Ever seen a cd w/ his jaw on the floor and speechless ? i have.

nothing mean , Just facts and names that no one else would know.

Told one cd that i was going to read his palm and told day he was born , his childhood nick name , His first girl friends name and that he was a tuba player in his HS band.

I wouldn't tell him how i knew all this till the last night . He was totally freaked out and thought i was psychic. No just a little psycho maybe LOL.

We were on the Ecstasy last December, and really liked Steve Cassel...he was by far lots better than the ones we'd seen on RCL....one guy on RCL was so arrogant acting, he acted like a moron...Steve was both funny and very entertaining...if carnival has any better than him, then they must be really good :)

Wow thanks Krooz, that helps put a face to the CD. And, yes, I have read some of JH's interviews. They are always interesting.

So many people find the CD an important person to know. I'm trying to understand that or at least know who they are talking about. I have never had or expected a personal relationship with the CD.

As long as there is good entertainment on schedule.... that's all I am interested in. I find that the entertainment staff plays a more important role to me. That staff is directly influnced by the management of the CD. So a good CD is important in that aspect.

We had a wonderful trip around SA on The Carnival Splendor. Some complained about the CD there.... I never really understood what they were getting so uptight about. The entertainment was outstanding. The best we have ever experienced.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Miracle (3/27-4/6) and Malcolm Burn was our cruise director. I was not really impressed by him, however after having Todd Wittmer on 3 of my cruises you just can't compare. Todd IMO is funny, engaging, always around, and just plain entertaining. I'm sure other CD's are just as entertaining,however I am a big fan of Todd.

What happened to Malcom?!?! I love that guy! he is great! when I sail in the Destiny in 2001 he was like a cruise director assistant and when we sail on the Victory last september, he was now a Cruise Director!!! He is really funny, in a natural way and pretty accessible to talk to!!! I'm going to miss him when we go on the Valor this July!

Archived