Halloween on the Explorer of the Seas

we are booking a cruise and having a little trouble with picking the date. Hubby wants to go on the 31st (halloween) because a later (november) date will run too close to another trip we are planning. My kids are 10 and 8 and I really don't want them to miss trick or treating in the neighborhood. Has anyone cruised on halloween, do they do special stuff for the kids an all? thanks for your help!!!

My son turned 8yo last year on the EOS Halloween cruise. The Adventure Ocean program had the kids color and decorate pillow cases to carry candy in, then the counselors painted faces on the kids who didn't have their own costumes and then, they took the kids trick-or-treating around the ship in a parade type deal with the kids singing songs. The kids got candy from the shops on the promonade and passengers were giving the kids coins. My son loved it and wants to do it again!

Archived