Balcony ????

cw2go

We are sailing RT/Seattle to Alaska July and I have read on these boards that it can likely be rough seas. How much motion will we feel and as opposed to being in a center balcony stateroom? :confused:

For those of you who have cruised on The Pearl can you tell me how large the aft-balcony deck 9 is. Also is it covered and what type of furniture can I expect? I have read deck 10 and 11 are better but we already have 9 booked and it is only myslf, dh and ds.

Thank you so much for your help, I have intruded on several other posts but think it is best to get direct answers to my questions by posting myself. I have searched and still have not gotten all my answers.

Patty

Since sailing NCL we have always sailed in Aft stateroms. I do have to say that if the seas are rough, you are going to feel it for sure in the aft section.

We were on the Pearl this past Oct in stateroom 9230 (I think) which is one of the AE's in the corner.. the balcony really for that deck is only about half covered. We were rained on almost the entire seven days and we could step out on the balcony and if we pressed ourselves against the wall of the balcony we were out of the rain.

I can tell you, I wouldn't think of cruising Alaska anywhere else on the ship though. It was fantastic.

We stayed in a suite aft stateroom on the 9th floor, can't remember exact room #. We were on a weekend cruise that left from Seattle May 2008. The weather was great & we stayed out on the balcony the whole time. Being on the back of the ship was amazing! We had 1 chair, 1 chaise lounger & a small table. The furniture had thin pads on them that were a bit wore out but comfortable. The water was extremely rough, especially at night. Enough to slide me up & down in the bed.

It looks like the Pearl to Alaska will be on some of the same route we had been on. I would be prepared for rough seas.

Thank you for your input it is what I needed to know I am not wanting to risk being sick on an alaska cruise so I think I will change...The balcony is for my DH and he says it does not matter to him so I will think it over tonight.

Again thank you all

Patty

Archived