Belize with 2year old and 3 year old?

marley

Boy ... that's a tough one. Belize is really geared for adventure ... biking, hiking, snorkeling, cave tubing, jungle excursions. And the pier area is small and set up for souvenirs. I wouldn't recommend wandering around the city. Some of the tours have long bus rides which would probably bore the kids.

I suppose the best thing might be just a trip to the beach. I know Carnival has a "private island beach break" tour. It might be available on other cruise lines too. Kids always like the beach!

Or I suppose you can leave them on the ship for Camp Carnival ... and go out and enjoy the adventure without them!

Hi Marley

I think we are going on the Pearl with you! We have a 5 adn 8 year old and are wondering the same thing. I am actually thinking of doing the snorkel and beach break offered by the ship. My kids can swim, and I am sure they'll have life jackets. We are planning on Paradise beach in Cozumel and Fins and Flippers or West Bay beach in Roatan. Belize is the one that I cannot seem to decide upon.

If the little ones are willing to stay in Camp Carinval, that would be your best option. Not sure how comfortable you are leaving them while you are of the ship.

We took our 2 and 5 yr olds to Altun Ha. It was a bit tiring but we managed :). We had a taxi(van), so the kids were able to take a nap during the drive.

We took our 2 and 5 yr olds to Altun Ha. It was a bit tiring but we managed :). We had a taxi(van), so the kids were able to take a nap during the drive.

Did you prearrange your excursion or did you find them at the pier? I've read of a nearby hotel where there are good taxis & drivers. Is that what you did?

yes, we walked to the Radisson(3 min walk). I had called the hotel ahead of time and they gave me a couple phone numbers. I called (from the US) and prearranged a date/tentative time with one of the taxis and we met him at the hotel. We worked out a rate before hand. You could probably go to the hotel concierge and see if they could give you a reference for the tax/driver.

We did not have to rush of the ship like most people to get the tender to the port(for people taking tours booked through the cruise ship).

Nothing like having a car to yourself, espcially when you have kids.

Hope this helps.

yes, we walked to the Radisson(3 min walk). I had called the hotel ahead of time and they gave me a couple phone numbers. I called (from the US) and prearranged a date/tentative time with one of the taxis and we met him at the hotel. We worked out a rate before hand. You could probably go to the hotel concierge and see if they could give you a reference for the tax/driver.

We did not have to rush of the ship like most people to get the tender to the port(for people taking tours booked through the cruise ship).

Nothing like having a car to yourself, espcially when you have kids.

Hope this helps.

Getting off ship at our leisure, no crowds, privacy ... sounds heavenly!

Archived