Canopy Adventure Tour - Puerta Vallarta

Did you like it? Was it worth the cost? What was it like? How strenuous?

That should do it for me. :D

Jen

Well, it was 4 years ago, so I'm sure prices have gone up. But as I recall it was around $90 or so. And worth every penny!

We had a great time. We felt more frightened during the ride there and back in the back of an open truck! You do get completely windblown and filthy, but we didn't really care. The guides were great, as they always are on zipline tours (I think they just hire young, buff guys that are easy on the eyes).;) There were about 12 zips, a rope swing, and you do a rappel at the end.

I went to Los Veranos in Nov/08 for $67. You have to take a cab to their office in PV, and they take you from there in a bus. That was an even better tour. It is strenuous - there are a lot of hills to climb up, and some people were having trouble. I'm a fitness freak, so it wasn't an issue, but I felt that one woman was going to keel over. It was more strenuous than the ship excursion, but totally worth it. I would book one of the private zipline tours over the ship one any day. I am sure I will be doing more zipping at different places this year.:)

My wife and I and some friends stayed at the Dreams Resort in Puerto Vallarta last year and we all went to the Los Veranos Zip line. The operators there are very well trained and watch out for the customers. You will not regret going, it was the best Zip Line excursion we have done so far. We are going back to the Dreams Resort again this Sept and these Zip lines are what everybody wants to do.

Here is the site to go for info if you do not already have it.

http://www.puertovallartatours.net/las-juntas-y-veranos-canopy-tour.htm

We all really like the restaurant that is at the excursion site and you will even be able to go inside the monkey cage there and feed the small monkeys.

I hope this helps you.

We did the Los Veranos tour several years ago. I am afraid of heights and am happy to report that I did all the Zip lines and finished the course.. I was not in great shape then and it is a tough hike at times. I can't imagine what it is like to do in the summer. We did it in April and it was very warm then!! The guides were good.....one did make me nervous when I stopped in the air before the end of the Zip line and he told me I was doing it wrong!!! What the Hell do you mean??!! The other guides were good and my kids had a great time!! The food and liquor after it are good too!!! My daughter went swimming after and slid down some rocks!!

We could have stayed longer, but I was nervous about getting back. We have the DVD and some pictures that are well worth it

Macwoman

Archived