ohioNCLcruiser

OceanDreaming2

James.. be sure and have your dentist or oral surgeon explain to you what symptoms you will have if you start getting a "dry socket". You need to be mindful of that when you are recovering. A dry socket is literally the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life as far as physical pain and they wil not simply go away. You will need a simple medical application done by the dentist or oral surgeon if you get one and the pain will be gone within minutes. Not trying to scare you at all.. you know you are my friend.. I'm just trying to help look out for your well being.

Thanks Terry. I think this is also why they say do not use straws after they are removed for a while.

Good things come to those who wait.....must of been said by someone who never had to wait. Your patients is commendable and is such an important part of working with the public. I'm eagerly waiting for your good news :)

Wouldn't it be funny if when they finally tell you that you have the job they comment that they wanted to let you know so the at least 50% of CCer's get back to booking their cruises instead of waiting for your answer.:D

Thanks Terry. I think this is also why they say do not use straws after they are removed for a while.

That is exactly right. Seems like you have a good doc if they have already given you some info about it. You know, of course, when you feel like it you will have to come here and let us know how you are doing.

By the way.. I kind of laugh about it now, but I still feel bad about doing it.. but when I had all four of mine removed, I started to wake up during the proceedure. The only thing I remember about it was that because the oral surgeons hand(s) were in my mouth I started biting the crap out of him.. just my natural reaction. He said they got me with more of the sleepy stuff before I bit hit too bad, but I still felt bad.. LOL

That is exactly right. Seems like you have a good doc if they have already given you some info about it. You know, of course, when you feel like it you will have to come here and let us know how you are doing.

By the way.. I kind of laugh about it now, but I still feel bad about doing it.. but when I had all four of mine removed, I started to wake up during the proceedure. The only thing I remember about it was that because the oral surgeons hand(s) were in my mouth I started biting the crap out of him.. just my natural reaction. He said they got me with more of the sleepy stuff before I bit hit too bad, but I still felt bad.. LOL

haha umm if they don't give me enough sleeping stuff and I wake up during the procedure I will not be happy and they will be lucky if I only bite them!

James, I have been lurking also. Wish you the best, we are all pulling for you!!!

By the way, speaking of pulling, both my kids at age 17 had all four wisdom teeth pulled at once. Our doctor told us the keep ice bags (frozen pea bags) on for 20 minutes then off for 20 minutes then repeat, for the first 12-24 hours. Worked great, no swelling. They had very little pain also. (Disclaimer - ask your doctor before performing this or any other procedure!:D;))

James' date=' I have been lurking also. Wish you the best, we are all pulling for you!!!

By the way, speaking of pulling, both my kids at age 17 had all four wisdom teeth pulled at once. Our doctor told us the keep ice bags (frozen pea bags) on for 20 minutes then off for 20 minutes then repeat, for the first 12-24 hours. Worked great, no swelling. They had very little pain also. (Disclaimer - ask your doctor before performing this or any other procedure!:D;))[/quote']

I vote for Percoset! :D. Wishing you a pain free procedure and a call from NCL!

Best wishes for the new job, and a quick recovery from the wisdom teeth surgery! My kids both went through that, about their senior years in high school. Lortab and/or percoset were definitely their friends for a day or so... :D

James, good luck to you, I was lucky enough to never get wisdom teeth in, so I do not know the pain, but I have heard, just pop lots of pills for a few days:D.

Still looking forward to hearing about your news, Ive watched alot of your Youtube videos, you do a great job and I thank you for all of your information you pass onto us!!!:)

OH MY :eek: You're falling apart at the ripe old age of 21. :D

Karen

Yup, he's starting early. :D I at least was 30 before I had all mine removed. And James, it wasn't as awful as I thought it would be. Of course, I didn't get the dreaded dry sockets either. Just follow your oral surgeons advice and you'll heal quickly.

Bet we win the prize for oldest wisdon teeth removed. My DH at the ripe of old age of 51 finally had to have them removed. His doctor told him, keep taking the pain pills for the first 48 hours, on time, even if you felt no pain. He told him not to wait until he felt the pain, it was to late then. James, hope you get the news before the pull. But, look at it this way, what great news to get, for the much needed uplift when you won't be feeling your best. Great way to help with that recovery time. Best of luck in your new venture.

With only 2 cruise on NCL, soon to be 3. Mabey one day we will be lucky enought to have the pleasure of cruising on your next ship or sailing.

Nancy

Hi James..another lurker wishing you the best....

I too had my wisdom teeth pulled all at once at age 21 -- had it done on a Friday...slept until Tuesday waking up only to use the restroom and take more medication...when I became a person on Wednesday again I was 8 pounds lighter and painfree....Good Luck on both the procedure and the job result.. GO NAVY@@@ Marla

James - My 19 yr old niece just had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled Tuesday and my sister told me that you never would have known it today. You young 'uns have amazing healing abilities and the ability to bounce back quickly. Hope it's as easy for youa s it was for her.

This is certainly cruel and unusual punishment...for us, as well as poor James.

I hope your procedure goes smoothly. I'd tell you to lay low and recoup, but then again if we can get you on here while you're all jacked up on meds, maybe we can get some really juicy info out of you. lol ;)

I hate waiting! I just started my new job Jan 5th and I signed my paperwork for the job on Oct. 15th. I couldn't tell anyone at the old job about the new job since you never know what can go wrong! So by the time I finally got the "good news" about the new job, it was old news to me!

Good luck James, you will do great and NCL will be lucky to have you on the Spirit!

One thing that I'm expecting is a several month wait (up to 4 months) for placement unless someone doesn't return from vacation, quits, gets fired etc.

There used to be a 6 month wait before changing from one fleet to the other. Is that still in effect?

DS may be transfering to the Spirit in May. His GF signs on next week. Maybe you'll all meet up there.

Archived