Dress Code

Len3

We're new to Celebrity and need some information concerning the dress code. We're traveling Trans-Atlantic in April and don't want to overback or underpack. Thanks for the help.

In general, people tend to dress up a bit more on Celebrity. We especially noticed this on our TransAtlantic last spring. I wore either gowns or cocktail dresses on all formal nights, and DH wore his tux. The vast majority of men were in tuxedos or dark suits. Women wore everything from cocktail dresses to dressy evening pant outfits to beautiful gowns. For smart casual nights most women were either in dresses, skirts or pants. There were some in dressy capri/cropped pants with heels. Men typically wore dockers or dress slacks with button down shirts, and there were some in jackets (with or without ties). Never saw any jeans in the dining room.

We carried two checked bags, a garment bag, a duffel bag and a backpack. Everything was worn more than once, except for my formals and the one cocktail dress. I was careful about packing shoes as they take up a lot of room. I took advantage of the laundry and dry cleaning service so we brought fewer items and just wore them more.

Key for me was layering so I didn't need to bring heavy sweaters or a big coat. We had some miserable weather, so there were excursion days in France when I wore a tee shirt, a long sleeved shirt, a hoodie plus my trench coat. Granted, we sailed at the very beginning of April, but you never know what spring will bring!

Archived