Sunset Beach & Spa, do you recommend?

marska

I'd like to know if anyone can recommend Sunset Beach and Spa? Wondering if one must purchase a day pass and, if so, how to accomplish this?

Also, how to get there (best means of transport)-

I am looking for a private AN beach with a nice resort area (food, drinks, chairs, umbrellas, etc.)

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

I was there last week with a group of 9 of various ages. Walked to the taxi stand from the pier (Carnival). Round trip cost of taxi is $10 per person.

When you arrive at Sunset, guard at gate will quote a price of $80. Tell him you are from cruise ship which is $60 (as posted inside resort). When entering resort, turn immediately to your left and walk through the double glass doors and turn to the right. Thats where you get your pass. Not at the front desk. You will be given a bracelet to show you paid.

We all had a good time. Swim up bar was wonderful, pools very nice, not alot of space for jetski, but they had a trampoline in the water that the kids liked.

only complaint was the food. bad, bad, and worse!!

I was there last week with a group of 9 of various ages. Walked to the taxi stand from the pier (Carnival). Round trip cost of taxi is $10 per person.

When you arrive at Sunset, guard at gate will quote a price of $80. Tell him you are from cruise ship which is $60 (as posted inside resort). When entering resort, turn immediately to your left and walk through the double glass doors and turn to the right. Thats where you get your pass. Not at the front desk. You will be given a bracelet to show you paid.

We all had a good time. Swim up bar was wonderful, pools very nice, not alot of space for jetski, but they had a trampoline in the water that the kids liked.

$80??? Seriously? Did the guard balk when you told him $60? I'm afraid to get there and have to pay $80. If I pay that I would rather to a nicer place. Ya know?

The guard didnt balk at all. I think for those not cruising it is $80. It is posted inside the entrance that cruisers are $60.

When you enter the reception area which is very large, immediately turn left and go through the double glass doors. Immediately on your right is the cruise purchase area. Don't go to the main reception desk. Once we got off the bus, nobody asked where we were from. So I dont know why anybody would pay the $80.

The only downside we experienced was we did not care for the buffet lunch. But the younger ones, ages 19-23, had a ball with the slides, volleyball in the pool, trampoline in the sea, and beach area.

I would go back again but maybe pack a little lunch.

Have fun.

A group of 4 of us went here back in Oct and it was great!! I will have to agree about the food... but the drinks more than made up for that!! We got our moneys worth at the pool bar and Sandy the bartender, he was awesome!

Are cocktails included with the $60.00??

Is this sunset beach resort in MoBay or in ocho rios?

and do u know if 1 year baby need to buy day pass as well?

thanks!

Archived