Flu shots in Mexico

Kokopelli

For those of you who are still looking for a flu shot, you can get them at many of the farmacias in Mexico. If they don't have a sign in the window advertising flu shots, go in and ask if they have them and, if so, they will give you the shot right there.

I would just like to add a word of caution here. I would only do this if you know you don't have an adverse reaction to flu shots. I have been sick twice after flu shots. So I thought I would pass along a warning because I would hate to hear that someone ruined their vacation.

Things have changed, at least here in Puerto Vallarta. I had arranged 3 flu vaccine clinics through my work. I was promised, assured that there would be a plentiful supply. At the last minute, last Thursday, the representative called me stating that now, there was a shortage here and I would not receive my supply, not even 1 or 2! Supposedly the Mexican government is purchasing the vaccines, and I am hoping they are for the poor Mexican population. So, at least in Vallarta, "there ain´t any!".

Archived