Hi HDAWSON and gang, will this work in Progresso?

Design Toy

Hi Progresso Lovers! This sounds like the type of area my husband and I will enjoy! I am thinking that we would like to go into Merida to see the historical buildings, possibly take a carriage tour. I also understand that there are Haciendas near Merida and would like to possibly see them.

Should we take the public bus to Merida, walk to the historic square and see by carriage, then do a little shopping? Get a taxi to see the Hacienda (or possibly Rancho Bonita) and then would we have time to get back to Progresso to do the double decker bus?

Or should we consider renting a car at Progresso, or finding a taxi driver who would take us into Merida and around?

Sorry, many questions, so little time! We will be there the first week of March, there are only 2 ships in Port, if I figured out how to check on that correctly!

We like to go and see, not big on large groups, last year after seeing San Francisco CA, we took 2 days and drove to the Redwoods, just enjoyed the views and eachother, sunset over the ocean, waves at the hotel, wine tours, etc.

Let me know what you think and thanks in advance for reading my ramble!

Toy

Toy. I think you may be trying to do too much. My suggestion would be to take the public bus to Merida, exploring the historical area, taking the carriage ride and having lunch. To do justice to your Merida experience, that will pretty much use your available sightseeing time. You may decide to return, like me, for a land vacation and see much more of the Yucatan State.

Archived