ReeleSeaCharters Dwight Ebanks

Scrapgirl3

Hi, We have been trying to book a private charter for snorkeling and visiting Stingray City while on our stop in the Grand Caymans. Every company we have tried is booked up for the day we are coming but another company (Fat Fish) recommended to try this company- ReeleSeaCharters. They have a very nice website and their representative got back to me right away and we have corresponded several times. Everything seems great, including the price and what is included, however I can't find one single review of them online, or even a mention of them unless it is on their website. That makes me a little nervous! Has anyone used them or heard of anyone who has? It makes me feel better that a reputable company like Fat Fish Adventures has recommended them, but I really wish there was at least one other person who has experience with them... If anyone does, please tell me about it! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

The Ebanks family is well known in the Caymans and they run several water sports companies. Check out Ebankswatersports.com for more info. All the reviews about their family are positive. We are booked with them for April.

The Ebanks family is well known in the Caymans and they run several water sports companies. Check out Ebankswatersports.com for more info. All the reviews about their family are positive. We are booked with them for April.

The Ebanks name in Cayman is a bit like Smith or Jones many other places in the States. It is one of the most common last names here. There are more than five pages of listings in the phone book for families with that name. There are several Ebanks' involved in watersports. There is even more than one Dwight Ebanks. MANY Caymanian families making a living or supplementing their income with fishing or other watersports activities.

I do not personally know many of the individuals, but rather have become aquainted with the names of the vessels. It appears that ReeleSeaCharters are the operators of the vessel Hit n Run which is well known and long established in Cayman.

According to their website, Derrin and Dwight Ebanks of ReeleSeaCharters are the sons of Captian Asley Ebanks - who is certainly one well known and well repected gentleman.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. We did book with them, and went last week. They met us on time, exactly where they said they would be. Went right to the boat, met 2 very professional men who took us out. They were excellent with our children and us. Unfortunately the weather was not cooperative, the waves were rough so we went to the stingrays which my family loved, then we went to snorkel in one area but it wasn't enjoyable because of the water. NOT because of the company. They were great and would have taken us wherever we wanted to go. We called it short since we had one child throwing up due to the rough waves and the other 2 children couldn't handle the waves well. I would definately use them again and it was nice to have a private charter so we could change things as we needed to.

Just an update. We did book with them, and went last week. They met us on time, exactly where they said they would be. Went right to the boat, met 2 very professional men who took us out. They were excellent with our children and us. Unfortunately the weather was not cooperative, the waves were rough so we went to the stingrays which my family loved, then we went to snorkel in one area but it wasn't enjoyable because of the water. NOT because of the company. They were great and would have taken us wherever we wanted to go. We called it short since we had one child throwing up due to the rough waves and the other 2 children couldn't handle the waves well. I would definately use them again and it was nice to have a private charter so we could change things as we needed to.

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I always like to read the reviews on CC than on the companys website. Glad you had fun visiting the stingrays. But sorry the water was rough.

Laura

Archived