Claustrophobia and small cabins

Wife and I have been on the SovOS in a cat SO (superior oceanview, 157 sq ft) and had no problems with it being small.

Have any of you been in a smaller cabin and have claustrophobia. My wife has it so bad when she had to have an mri performed, she had to be "put under" to have it done.

We want to go on the SovOS during Memorial weekend but there are only smaller cabins available.

Please help if you can.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

An MRI can creep anyone out. I've had four of them and everytime I feel like someone has shut me in a coffin. I've never felt that way in any small interior stateroom. If she feels claustrophic when she goes in a bathroom and shuts the door than I would worry. If she can pull off the bathroom with out freaking then she can handle the cabin.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'Til my next cruise

HB, everyone is different but I get severe claustrophobia. Nonethless, my first cruise was an inside cabin and I managed. Did NOT spend a lot of time in the room though b/c it was so small.

I will say that once I upgraded to a balcony room, I've never gone back. Now, I think I would literally rather not cruise than cruise in an interior room strictly based on the confined space feeling. But it doesn't bother my traveling friend at all.

How is your wife with flying? I can only sit in an aisle seat so I don't feel locked into a space and I'd never be able to sit in the middle seat in a car for example. Just the thought of things like that makes me uncomfortable.

Feline, the airplane has never caused problems. She does however make sure the air is on and at her, I think this helps. She does not mind being in the middle seat in the car, she has done this several times with me and our children while riding with her parents.

Thanks

Tim

As long as you have that window, she should have no problem. I have the same thing, and those tiny little rooms where I can't look outside drive me crazy.

As long as there is a window, that should be all you need to keep her smiling.

smilie_hund1.gif

Tahitian October 14th,2004

My husband gets claustophobic, but he has done well on cruises. we have been on the bottom with an inside cabin can't get any smaller. I have noticed when he is int he bathroom shaving and stuff he leaves the door open and when we are almost ready to leave he will open the door into the hall. I try to keep him busy the rest of the time in the room icon_biggrin.gif. really we are never in the room long enough for it to be a problem. It's worth the try if your getting a good price.

Soveriegn of the Seas 02

Monarch of the Seas 03

Soveriegn of the Seas 03

Soveriegn of the Seas 04

I am very claustrophobic and on our first cruise on the Vision we had an inside with 4 people. The mirrors seem to make the room bigger, as as stated we used the room for dressing, showering and sleeping. We had an inside on the NOS this past summer and I found that if I showered in the large gym shower room it helped.

Vision '00

Rhapsody '01

Radiance '01

NCL Star '02

Princess Star '02

Grandeur '02

Radiance '02

Statendam '03

Navigator 7/03

Radiance 5/04

I hate the feeling of being hemmed in. Our first cruise we had the smallest room that you could have on the Rhapsody... and to top it off it was in the bow on a higher deck. I was told that normally the entertainers have the room, at a later part of our cruise. I don't like being in an elevator with lots of people. I hate being crowded by people... and if it is hot... it just pushes up my level by 2. I didn't have a problem with my inside room. I stayed busy outside of the room. I only slept in it...and it was wonderful as it was dark. We booked a balcony on our second cruise, and have one for our third cruise. If you asked me if I could have had five cruises inside instead of three cruises...... I would vote for having five cruises inside instead of three cruises. Saying that I wouldn't book anything that would put me into a panic mode for the entire cruise.

God bless you and yours.

Archived