Sapphire time in Puerto Vallarta

TillThen

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but I thought I'd better confirm.

We are arranging to meet friends vacationing in Puerto Vallarta; they are planning on meeting us at the cruise ship terminal.

I just checked our Cruise Personalizer on the Princess Website, and our itinerary states that we will be in PV (on the Jan 17th cruise) from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.

I think that this is the "ship's time" and that local PV time would be one hour ahead - 11:00 am to 9:00 pm. Is this correct?

Thanks

We are also on this cruise. So the Princess itinerary states PV local time (10:00 - 8:00) - is this correct? We are planning a 12:00 excursion that returns at 6:00 PM and we want to make sure we get back on the ship in time. If the itinerary is the correct local time then we have no issues, but if there are differences, then there could be problems.

I was on the Sapphire last week...and I'm still confused...

Our itinerary originally said 8:00 am to 6:00 pm...

Then Princess changed it to 10:00 am to 8:00 pm...

BUT, there are, in fact, three different times we're dealing with: Los Angeles time, ship time and Puerto Vallarta time...

Cabo and Mazatlan are one hour later than LA time, Puerto Vallarta 2 hours later...

But, on the ship, we never changed the second hour...

Clocks were moved ahead one hour Sunday night-actually Monday Morning at 2:00 am...

So, on Wednesday, when we got to Puerto Vallarta, we were actually only one hour beyond LA time and still one hour short of PV time...

We were actually in Puerto Vallarta from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm SHIP TIME...and were instructed to be back on board by 6:30 SHIP TIME (7:30 PV time). Our shore excursion meeting time was on the pier BY SHIP TIME, not local time...

The next two days, in Mazatlan and Cabo, Ship time = Local time...

Clocks were returned to LA time overnight Friday/Saturday morning...I sort of wished they would have done that the night before, giving us back that extra hour for the at sea day...but no...

I was on the Sapphire last week...and I'm still confused...

Our itinerary originally said 8:00 am to 6:00 pm...

Then Princess changed it to 10:00 am to 8:00 pm...

We were actually in Puerto Vallarta from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm SHIP TIME...and were instructed to be back on board by 6:30 SHIP TIME (7:30 PV time). Our shore excursion meeting time was on the pier BY SHIP TIME, not local time...

When we did this in 2006, the itinerary said PV at 8, and we got there closer to 830m, although we did leave LA an hour late. I seem to recall some discussion this past summer about them changing the time to 10am, so they could slow down a bit to save fuel. Now, with fuel down, they can still save a bit by not pushing to arrive at 8, but by leaving the time at 10am, they can beat expectations and look good by arriving early.

Mazatlan and Cabo are NOT like this.

Puerto Vallarta, Sapphire will be there from 10-8 in PV local time.

ON the ship time, it will be 9-7.

All excursions planned WITH the ship will be on that 9-7 schedule,

all excursions planned withOUT the ship will be on a 10-8 schedule.

:o

Archived