Best Dunn's River Falls Excursion in Jamaica?

WeirdEyes

Peat Taylor or RCCL Excursion in Jamaica  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Peat Taylor or RCCL Excursion in Jamaica

• Peat Taylor
    • RCCL

We used Pete Taylor last year and were very pleased with his services - there were 10 CC people on board and he took good care of us - at our request his brother Melvin met us at the lockers when we were done climbing and walked us out thru the entrance so we didn't have to go thru the market. I would not hesitate to book with him again or to recommend him.

I'm sure you won't go wrong with either Peat Taylor or Ionie McBeam - the info on the boards is wonderful - check with both of them and see which one fits your schedule and what you want to do better. Let us know how it turns out.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked with Peat for January. He sounds great. He will be taking us to the Falls and then White River tubing. We then asked if he would take us to the Couples Resort so we could return and show our friends who we are cruising with the resort and do some jewelry shopping there. So he will adapt to meet your needs. He will also have a cooler of Red Stripe waiting for us in the van.

Tonyo - you can contact him whenever you like. I made the arrangements for January back in August or September.

oneiltay@cwjamaica.com email address

www.peattaylor.com website address

• 4 weeks later...

We did a tour with Phil Lafayette this past December. He was great. He did a tour of the area with stops along the way, then took us to Dunn's River, then river tubing. After that he asked us what we wanted to do and complied...very nice guy..

We chose Ionie McBeam for upcoming our cruise in February. We just wanted a trip to Dunns River Falls so we have enough time to spend in Margarativille when we return. What she worked out for us is first a trip to Dunns River, then a ride through Fern Gully rainforest and then an overlook sight. From there she will return us to Margarativlle for plenty of time to enjoy there.

I e-mailed Peat Taylor and this is what he recommended. Has anybody ever done this tour? If so, how did you like it? Thanks!!!

1. A visit to the Renown Dunn’s River Falls 2 1/2 hrs.

2. A visit to Wassi Art Pottery factory (new attraction)

3. A visit to the Jamaican neighborhood.

4. A visit to Fern Gully, a picturesque location with various species of ferns.

5. White River Tubing entry fee US$20.00 per person (if requested)

6. Horseback riding is also done on your request (if requested)

7. Highlighted shopping tour.

8. A visit to Mohagony Beach (if requested)

9. Margaritta Ville

10. Buffet lunch at the Ruins Restaurant (if requested)

Tour will last approximately 41/2 hrs.

• 2 weeks later...

thegrahams6: this is a copy of the e-mail I received from Peat Hopefully you will find this helpful.

PEAT TAYLOR

Bonham Spring P.O. St. Ann

Jamaica W. I.

TEL: 876 975 0028

FAX: 876 975 0205

“Hey Mon No Problem”

January 6th, 2005

Dear Tony,

I will refer to the Ocho Rios itinerary and make to necessary arrangements, should this package be accepted. The tour consists of:

1. A visit to the Renown Dunn’s River Falls 2 1/2 hrs.
  2. A visit to Wassi Art Pottery factory (new attraction)
  3. A visit to the Jamaican neighborhood.
  4. A visit to Fern Gully, a picturesque location with various species of ferns.
  5. White River Tubing entry fee US$20.00 per person (if requested)
  6. Horseback riding is also done on your request (if requested)
  7. Highlighted shopping tour.
  8. A visit to Mohagony Beach (if requested)
  9. Buffet lunch at the Ruins Restaurant (if requested)

Tour will last approximately 41/2 hrs.

The cost is US$30.00 per adult and US$20.00 for children under (12) years (Cost includes admission to Dunn’s River Falls) No charge for children under three (2) years old. You can pay in Cash or Travelers Cheque on completion of the tour. I drive a 15 or a 30 seater passengers Air Condition bus and have the disposal of other busses if need be.

I also arrange private and customized tour; not done by me personally but I can recommend drivers who work with me.

Please confirm ASAP so that I can make proper arrangements, Thank you. Please inform me of the name of the ship, the amount of persons and the correct date you are coming.

We did the dolphin swim and the falls through RCCL and had no problem. We were picked up at the pier and brought back with enough time to go to Island Village, Margaritaville, for lunch.

Please let me know all about the dolphin swim/falls through RCCL. We are booked for this excursion in March and I can't find anyone who has done it. You can email me at unique41015@yahoo.com if you wish. Thanks

I have a question. I'd like to perhaps book w/Peat Taylor while I'm in Ocho Rios. But, my ship doesn't dock, I believe, til 7:00 a.m.

What time does this 4 1/2 tour begin? Will there be a problem departing the ship in time to meet him for this tour?

I have a question. I'd like to perhaps book w/Peat Taylor while I'm in Ocho Rios. But, my ship doesn't dock, I believe, til 7:00 a.m.

What time does this 4 1/2 tour begin? Will there be a problem departing the ship in time to meet him for this tour?

He will meet you 1/2 hour after your ship docks. He has a schedule and knows when you will be arriving.

TheWog: You indicate he will meet us (Peat Taylor) 30 mins after arrival. That seems to me like it would be cutting it close. I've never done a "private" excursion. I've always used the ship's. But would like to try the alternative.

The problem is that I've read here in CC numerous posts that those who've booked ship excursions are given priority to depart the ship. I'm just concerned, can see myself standing in the back of the line ......... can't get off the ship yet ....... and my excursion plans have just gone out the window because I can't meet them in time.

Not a problem? You still think 30 mins. after the ship arrives, ...... you think all who wish to be off the ship will be in that time frame?

Sorry to be so negative, but I don't know - it's like the stars and moon all line up it seems, to cause me whatever possible problem can happen. LOL

You are docked so there are no tender issues. I think you would be fine with the thirty minute window. I don't think he packs up and is ready to go exactly at 30 mins past. Things move a little more slowly down there. I haven't done the excursion yet, but hopefully this time one week from today I will be paying Peat his money as he drops us off at Margaritaville. I am not too worried about not catching his tour. I think he will wait long enough for us. I will let you know how it goes when we return.

You could also suggest meeting at a time say... 8:00 and that way you know you will have an hour after you dock. Just a thought. I am sure he is very accomodating for a request like that.

• 2 weeks later...
Peat Taylor is the MAN!!!
As previosuly stated...we got to Dunns river falls first (Voyager june 2003), we toured the Jamaican neighborhoods and fearn gully. He then took us to a secluded beach front resort (by our request) he made some phone calls and dropped us off and even reserved our parasail too there. Stay firm on bargaining because others will try and up the price from what Peat said the parasail would be!
As a side note ...Peat is a great God fearing man. I emailed him during the august hurricanes and he emailed promptly back giving his past customers an update on how he and his family were doing!!! Go with Peat..No worries!!!
Scoop

WE USED PHIL LAFETTE LAST YEAR. HAD A WONDERFUL TIME ON HIS NICE AC MINI BUS HE DOES SMALL GROUPS THERE WAS A GROUP OF 7 OF US AND 6 IN ANOTHER GROUP. HE TOOK US TO THE FALLS FIRST DROPPED US OFF SAID HAVE A GOOD TIME TOLD US WHAT TIME AN WHERE TO MEET HIM AFTER. HE THEN TOOK US TO A PRIVATE FALL VERY BEAUTIFUL PLACE, TOOK US SIGHT SEEING THEN WE WENT TUBING DOWN A RIVER . DROPPED US OFF AT MARGARITAVILE, WHERE WE PAID HIM AN SPENT THE REST UF THE DAY..:) ;) :cool:

We are planning a group of 8 w/ Phil for falls and tubing. My friend and I are going to just climb the steps as we have done the falls before. I'm hookinh=g my parents and in-laws up w/ Peat though, because they don't want to do the falls at all - just want to see Fern Gully/town. To use RCCL's tubing only it was $52/pp. Phil's is $50 for both falls and tubing. Much better deal!
Karen

Just got a quote from Peat Taylor for a Mariner cruise in August. Price was $50 per person! I guess he has raised his prices considerably. The only thing included in the tour is a 2 1/2 hour Dunn's River Falls trip ($10), river tubing on the White River ($20) and he also included transportation cost at $20/person. I think the price is a little steep but I do think that it is still cheaper than the ship's tour.

Archived