Internet Wifi

mandms40

We had problems accessing the WIFI site on the Conquest, but we knew in advance that they were having problems.

Supposedly, you are supposed to be able to access WIFI through-out the ship. Never happened with us, but maybe you will have better luck.

I was kind-of happy that I wasn't on call 24/7....

Good luck!

We had problems accessing the WIFI site on the Conquest, but we knew in advance that they were having problems.

Supposedly, you are supposed to be able to access WIFI through-out the ship. Never happened with us, but maybe you will have better luck.

I was kind-of happy that I wasn't on call 24/7....

Good luck!

Hmmm, according to this carnival link, conquest doesnt have bow to stern wifi.

Quote and link:http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

Can I access the internet while on board?

For those guests who want the option of staying connected to the rest of the world, we proudly offer access to the internet with our onboard Internet Café and wireless networks using the ships own satellite connection. The Internet Café is open 24-hours a day and features private terminals with the latest flat panel computer monitors.

The Internet is accessed via our C-band satellite system and utilizes state-of-the-art compression and acceleration technologies to deliver the best guest experience in the cruise industry. As a result, guests can feel right at home while surfing the internet at sea. Guests will have the ability to send and receive e-mail, chat online and access the full internet. Guests can also access their own e-mail account through AOL, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Alternatively, guests will have the option to use their very own temporary e-mail account with our “Cruise E-mail”™.

We also offer wireless internet access across our entire fleet. Depending on the vessel, we have either limited wireless access in and around the shipboard internet café and select public areas or a complete “Bow2stern” wireless network. The “Bow2Stern” network allows our guests (and crew) to enjoy Internet access from literally anywhere on board, including all public areas, lounges, bars and pool decks, guest suites and cabins. To take full advantage of this feature, guests should bring their personal laptops along with them, as the number of laptops available for rent onboard is limited. In addition, this network supports the latest Wi-Fi enabled i-Phones, Palm Pilots and Blackberrys. These wireless deployments are available as follows:

Onboard Internet Café and “Bow2stern” Wi-Fi

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Fantasy

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Legend

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Pride

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Valor

Carnival Victory

Carnival Dream (September 2009)

Onboard Internet Café and Limited Wi-Fi (details of areas available in Internet Café)

Carnival Holiday

Carnival Ecstasy

Carnival Sensation

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Elation

Carnival Paradise

Carnival Spirit

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Glory

Carnival Miracle

But as we all know carnivals site isnt know for its accuracy:).

She goes into drydock the end of this month, so odds are they will add "Bow2Stern" wifi.

Do you know when any other Carnival ships go into drydock?????

Fascination more specifically:). All Fantasy class ships are suppose to have WarterWorks and Serenity by the end of 2009.

Do you know when any other Carnival ships go into drydock?????

Fascination more specifically:). All Fantasy class ships are suppose to have WarterWorks and Serenity by the end of 2009.

Im not sure, I do know they pushed back the dates to 2012. Paradise went into Drydock recently and didnt get Waterworks. I think the economy has Carnival scaling back some of its upgrades.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/Booking_Procedures_Policies/sections/shipboard/ShipFeatures_master.html

“Evolutions of Fun” is a $250 million product enhancement initiative that began in 2005 and includes renovations to virtually every guest area on the line’s eight Fantasy-class ships, the Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Elation and Carnival Paradise.

Many aspects of the “Evolutions of Fun” program that have already been implemented on several ships include fully remodeled staterooms – some with connecting doors, suites, and bathrooms, new flat-screen televisions in the staterooms and select public areas, new atrium lobby bars, updated sound and lighting systems in various lounges and clubs, coffee bars, nine-hole miniature golf courses, new art and photo galleries, New York-style delis in the Lido restaurants, and purpose-built conference facilities. “Evolutions of Fun” will also include makeovers of the 12,000 square-foot Spa Carnival facilities and the addition of a custom-designed Camp Carnival’s Circle C clubs for guests ages 12-14.

In addition, the “Evolutions of Fun” program will include WaterWorks Aqua Park, ‘Serenity’ Adults-Only Retreat Area and a Resort-Style Pool Area.

“The Fantasy-class ships are already tremendously popular, and the upgrades and enhancements we are introducing through ‘Evolutions of Fun’ will take the guest experience to an entirely new level.” Vicki Freed, Senior Vice President of Sales and Guest Services

All eight Fantasy class ships will be renovated as part of the “Evolutions of Fun” enhancements during their scheduled drydock and will be completed by the end of year 2012.

Im not sure, I do know they pushed back the dates to 2012. Paradise went into Drydock recently and didnt get Waterworks. I think the economy has Carnival scaling back some of its upgrades.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/Booking_Procedures_Policies/sections/shipboard/ShipFeatures_master.html

“Evolutions of Fun” is a $250 million product enhancement initiative that began in 2005 and includes renovations to virtually every guest area on the line’s eight Fantasy-class ships, the Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Elation and Carnival Paradise.

Many aspects of the “Evolutions of Fun” program that have already been implemented on several ships include fully remodeled staterooms – some with connecting doors, suites, and bathrooms, new flat-screen televisions in the staterooms and select public areas, new atrium lobby bars, updated sound and lighting systems in various lounges and clubs, coffee bars, nine-hole miniature golf courses, new art and photo galleries, New York-style delis in the Lido restaurants, and purpose-built conference facilities. “Evolutions of Fun” will also include makeovers of the 12,000 square-foot Spa Carnival facilities and the addition of a custom-designed Camp Carnival’s Circle C clubs for guests ages 12-14.

In addition, the “Evolutions of Fun” program will include WaterWorks Aqua Park, ‘Serenity’ Adults-Only Retreat Area and a Resort-Style Pool Area.

“The Fantasy-class ships are already tremendously popular, and the upgrades and enhancements we are introducing through ‘Evolutions of Fun’ will take the guest experience to an entirely new level.” Vicki Freed, Senior Vice President of Sales and Guest Services

All eight Fantasy class ships will be renovated as part of the “Evolutions of Fun” enhancements during their scheduled drydock and will be completed by the end of year 2012.

Hmmm, thanks for that post. I know the Fascination has gotten the "Evolutions of Fun". Was kinda hoping the waterworks would be in before my May 30 cruise.

She goes into drydock the end of this month, so odds are they will add "Bow2Stern" wifi.

You're spot on...

She currently has wifi available on the public decks.... three, four, five, nine, ten and eleven...

Some people have reported getting a wifi signal in their cabin but I've not been able to do it...

When she returns from dry dock she will have bow to stern wifi and it works as well as one can expect... slow... I understand that Carnival is working to provide expanded bandwidth to improve speeds, however...

Do you have to pay to access the Bow2Stern Wi Fi?

Do you have to pay for Wi-Fi? Anyone have an idea of how much? Getting a new mini laptop and would love to have access to email during our Cruise on the 19th. Thank you so very much! :)

Yes you have to pay, try the link in one of the post in begining of this thread, it list all prices.

GL

Do you have to pay for Wi-Fi? Anyone have an idea of how much? Getting a new mini laptop and would love to have access to email during our Cruise on the 19th. Thank you so very much! :)

There is a one time $3.95 set up fee and minutes can be billed ala carte at $.75/minute. You can purchase a block of 100 minutes for $55 or 250 minutes for $100.

You'll also find incentive to sign up on the first day of the cruise, typically an additional ten or fifteen minutes...

• 2 weeks later...

i found some of this information for myself but wondered how far the signal traveled on the fascination. i've booked a suite v1 on an upcoming cruise but the internet cafe is towards the back of the ship i believe. does anyone know if i would get a signal from my suite? if not i'd rather not drag my laptop around for no reason. thanks.

Archived