Wonderful Princess SALE!

Twomalamutes

I just received the e-mail for the Alaska 2 for 1 cruise tours and we have our first sailing on Princess in February.

Times are tough everywhere - I work for a company that is in the process of skimming the fat - basically laying off many of the top tier executives and consolidating divisions. Layoffs of all levels are going to continue until mid 2009 - this is happening everywhere! People are scared and are closing their wallets - walking through my favorite mall is downright frightening - stores are going out of business and disappearing overnight.

My daughter works for a very well known travel magazine - word out there is we will continue to see amazing travel opportunities well into this year and perhaps next.

I haven't sailed Princess yet, but I got the 2 for 1 Alaska cruisetour email yesterday. Their computers hadn't processed my coupon number properly, so I wasn't able to see the good deals until today. There was only one sailing that still had cabins for 4 with my discount. I got a great deal on a minisuite with a 13 day cruisetour. :D:D

I already had a 14day Alaska b2b booked with Royal Caribbean. That was a great deal, with a residency discount etc. But the deal I got with Princess was even better! I'm so excited.

I am so excited that we got this deal.

I originally was booked on the Serenade.

When the email came, I checked the prices and

booked on the Golden in a mini-suite.

It was much cheaper than the E1 on RCCL.

I still need to cancel the Serenade.

THANKS PRINCESS!:D

Thanks so much to those that gave a shout out for the 2-for 1. I was unable to get the deal when I logged into Princess, but when I called my travel agent, I just pretended I got the e-mail, gave her the code, and VOILA! I saved $1500 on our balcony cabins on the Coral Princess for the July 6th sailing!

Since airfares are COMPLETELY ridiculous, this REALLY saved us, so THANK YOU a million times over!

I got the email and had been checking various dates for a week. I found that sometimes my screen--always when logged in--would show the sale prices and sometimes would not. Then the next day the sale fares were there again. :)

Finallly called and booked the family on Friday. Both the wife and I are Platinum, but the children have never been on Princess. Booked wife and two kids in one cabin and myself and other two kids in the adjoining cabin. We got the sale rate for first two passengers and a $299 rate for the third person in each cabin. :) Also tried to book a cabin for the grandparents who have only sailed on Princess once before and did not get the email. The Princess agent could not get the computer to accept the sale rate for the grandparents on Friday. :( Today--Monday--the agent called back and had gotten the sale rate for the grandparents too. :D

We are all so excited. Do you think I should tell the children or keep it a secret? :rolleyes:

:DJust got news that my TA got me this rate on my already booked cruise, for which I had been told several times by Princess I could not get. Only thing is I have to change mini-suites.......from AC to AA. I can't stop smiling.:D Saved over $1000.00. Now I have a substantial OBC which I can add to over the next 9 months so S&S card will not be so scary at the end of the day.

:DJust got news that my TA got me this rate on my already booked cruise, for which I had been told several times by Princess I could not get. Only thing is I have to change mini-suites.......from AC to AA. I can't stop smiling.:D Saved over $1000.00. Now I have a substantial OBC which I can add to over the next 9 months so S&S card will not be so scary at the end of the day.

Please tell me how your TA got this for you. I've been trying and trying and can't get anywhere. I'm willing to upgrade to a mini to get this but our TA keeps getting a refusal from Princess.

Did you originally get the email but then Princess said no because you were already booked? Because if that's the case, that would explain how your TA was able to do this. But if you never got that coveted email in the first place, then please tell me what I need to tell my TA so that she can work some magic for us too.

Thank you in advance. This is frustrating the daylights out of me.

Please tell me how your TA got this for you. I've been trying and trying and can't get anywhere. I'm willing to upgrade to a mini to get this but our TA keeps getting a refusal from Princess.

Did you originally get the email but then Princess said no because you were already booked? Because if that's the case, that would explain how your TA was able to do this. But if you never got that coveted email in the first place, then please tell me what I need to tell my TA so that she can work some magic for us too.

Thank you in advance. This is frustrating the daylights out of me.

I don't know if this will help, but on the bottom of the offer it says:

"Please reference promo code: PLA"

Archived