Cabin 8088 Radiance of the Seas...Desirable or undesirable?

Hobie

My Travel agent has recommended Category E-1, stateroom 8088 on Radiance of the Seas because it has a larger balcony. It is located at that area of midships where the cabins "curve out" near the midship elevators. I'm wondering however if it is extra windy on the balcony because it juts out from the ship and is forward (going into the wind) of the curve.

I hope that this description makes sense. Please let me know if you have any opinions...

Thanks, Hobie

Cabin 8088 is on the "hump", which is a very desirable part of the ship. The only thing about that particular cabin is that being right next to the elevators may be noiser than other parts of the ship. You may hear mechanical noises as well as people noises as everyone whose cabins are fore and aft must pass by your room.

I don't know about the windiness...but I also seem to recall that these cabins are set deep and so most of the balcony may be sheltered from the wind. Maybe someone else can comment on that.

Good luck...you're going to love Radiance no matter where you are! :)

Cheers,

Esther

My Travel agent has recommended Category E-1, stateroom 8088 on Radiance of the Seas because it has a larger balcony. It is located at that area of midships where the cabins "curve out" near the midship elevators. I'm wondering however if it is extra windy on the balcony because it juts out from the ship and is forward (going into the wind) of the curve.

I hope that this description makes sense. Please let me know if you have any opinions...

Thanks, Hobie

I was in 9588 on Radiance, and it was a great cabin, in a very quiet secluded hallway... 8088 should be great...

I agree that it is a great location, and the rooms are really not as close to the elevators as they may appear on the deckplans, so elevator noise is not an issue. We were in similar rooms on Deck 9 of the Brilliance and were very pleased with the rooms and especially the larger balcony. Wind was really not a factor either.

Thank you to all of you for your replies! I really appreciate it.

Chris: Have a great cruise! I look forward to hearing from you after you return from your cruise! It's really great to hear from somebody who will be in the exact same cabin! Have a fun one!

Thanks again....You guys are the greatest!

Hobie

Archived